Chapter 14 | Keep The PDA To A Minimum!

~
"The one I would've take a bullet for
was the one behind the trigger..."
~

*Trigger Warning: This has a lot of subjects dealing with sexual assault, suicide, and abuse. Read at your own risk.*

"He what?" Alex asks me softly, grabbing my hand softly.

I feel like there's a huge lump rising in my throat that's keeping me from talking. I don't want him to think any different of me.

I haven't talked about this part of the night since it happened.

Gaining the courage, I begin to speak.

"Last year, after a football game, the gang, me and Mason all went to this party that was thrown..."

-Flashback- *Trigger Warning-abuse, sexual assault, suicide*

Where is he?

I pushed past the bodies of people, trying to see if I could find Mason anywhere. We arrived at his teammate's party and he disappeared to go get a drink, and I haven't seen him since.

This is just how he is though. He's always disappearing somewhere.

"Em?" I hear a familiar voice say, causing me to roll my eyes before turning around.

"What Jake?" I say harshly.

"You're still pissed at us?" He asks annoyed.

"Pissed isn't even the word I would use." I practically spit out.

"We all see it besides you!" He says, his voice rising.

"That doesn't make it true!" I state, raising my voice to match his.

"Whatever, be an idiot for all I care. Just don't come crying to me when something happens." He says, pushing past me and vanishing behind the sea of bodies.

I felt the anger build up in my body.

How dare they accuse Mason, my boyfriend of two years, of cheating on me? With absolutely no proof?

And they have the audacity to be pissed at me?

Added to that, I can't even find Mason. This night is seriously not going my way.

Sighing, I finish my drink before throwing it away and walking upstairs to see if he's up there.

I scan the landing to see if he's with any of the groups, but I don't have any luck. So, I start walking towards the bathroom. Maybe he's in there.

As I'm walking, I pass a door that's not fully closed. I think nothing of it though, until I hear something that causes my heart to stop.

"Mason..." a girl moans.

There's other Mason's right?

"You're so sexy." I hear his voice say.

I shake my head in disbelief.

No.

This isn't happening.

This isn't real.

Pushing the door open, I'm met with a sight that will never leave my brain. Mason is hovering over Bridgett freaking Holmes. Both of them tangled together underneath the sheets, his hands and mouth all over her.

"What the hell?!" I ask loudly, anger rising in me.

Mason immediately pulls away from her, jumping out of the bed and quickly tries to put his clothes back on. Bridgett just pulls the sheet over her, looking shocked.