Now, to gain more corrupted beings, the process was simple. Regular people and specific fauna can become corrupted, with the right conditions. The more warped and degraded a person's morals are, the easier they are to become part of the cancer. As for animals, the moment they step into the biome it resides in they are taken over.

While animals are the only ones seen corrupted, turned humans are in the shadows and are mainly used to spread the cancer. But since this is a new world, it may use corrupted fauna and people as well. It doesn't know how powerful humans are in this world yet. The more pawns the better.

The few remaining slaves it has will be released soon to gather more information and soon enough power to rule over the land.

Hmm, what's this? It spotted what seems to be a substance similar to crystals.

_____

Team RWBY was currently resting in their dorm. Normally they would be training, especially for the Vytal Tournament coming soon, but they overworked this week and decided to take some needed R&R.

Ruby was reading some news on her Scroll, Weiss was doing homework, despite supposed to be relaxing, Blake was fixated on a book, and Yang was lounging around doing nothing.

There were the usual stories on the news, such as the recent Breach, the capture of Roman Torchwick, and other things she experienced a few weeks ago. But what caught her attention is a headline that's written as "Mountain Glenn Rebuilt!".

It surprised the leader so much, as it was abandoned and destroyed when her team took on the mission. She decided to read more into the article, stating that the expanse looked clean and brand new and that whoever/whatever rebuilt it was never seen. While skimming through it though she found on the side that there were disappearances within Mountain Glenn.

'Moderately known hunters were disappearing, as well as a few regular citizens. It started a few days ago with a huntress named Amethyst Gold, who was hired to patrol the borders in case any Grimm slipped by. Witnesses claimed that they saw her go into a hole that possibly led into the subterranean city beneath. According to them, that was when she was last seen.'

'Oh no... This is terrible, hopefully, someone finds out what's causing this.' she grimaced.

Yang noticed her little half-sister's expression and questioned "Hey what's wrong Rubes?"

"Uh, I found a news article about Mountain Glenn being rebuilt-" he was cut off by Blake who heard the conversation.

"Wait, what?" The Faunus asked.

"Yeah. It was rebuilt, but what's wrong is that people are going missing in Mountain Glenn." Ruby explained.

"That's worrying," Weiss stood up from her chair overhearing everything. "If only we can do something about it. Unfortunately, we are only first years, and this is out of our jurisdiction."

"What if we went on a mission again?" Ruby asked.

"Doubt they would allow us. Ozpin already knows what we're up to and there aren't any missions now. It'll be a long time before they allow it again." her half-sister replied.

"Can visiting be an option?" Blake asked.

"It is the weekend, so I think it's allowed," Weiss said.

"There you have it! Let's go to Mountain Glenn in a few hours!" Ruby announced.

A trip to Mountain Glenn would be nice. Aside from taking some time off in some place other than their dorm, they could try to uncover the mystery of the disappearances. They may not be detectives, but that was something they would still do.