~~~~~~~☽~~~~~~

(This is super short because there is a time skip!)

It was pouring outside, thunder rumbling in the distance when Jisung barged into his room.

"Wha- I'm up!" He declares drowsily, sitting up and squinting in the dark, "Sung?"

"I-I keep hearing things and- and it sounds like screaming but I-I can't be sure over the thunder and- and-"

Chan is more awake now, throwing the blanket off his lap and walking toward his pack member to put an assuring hand on his shoulder, "Hey, relax, take a deep breath. Let's calm down first so I can understand you better, yeah?"

Jisung takes a sobering inhale and exhale before nuzzling his way into Chan's arms; the alpha doesn't hesitate to hug him. After noting that the younger was no longer shaking, he prompts gently, "So... you think you hear screaming in the woods?"

The umber hybrid nods.

"Human or..?"

"B-Both."

They fall silent and Chan has a nasty feeling in the pit of his stomach; he has a question to ask, a question that he's not sure he wants to know the answer to but it seems that Jisung beat him to it. "Do you think the ferals finally..."

The eldest swallows the lump in his throat, unable to voice the probable answer. "When did it start?"

"About... twenty minutes ago."

Chan sighs heavily, squeezing his hold on Jisung before releasing him. "Why don't you go sleep with Minho tonight, hm? It would be suicide to try and brave this storm so all we can do is wait until morning-"

"And your omega?" The sudden question startled the leader, his body stiffening as that pit only grew, "Do you think he's okay?"

He forces a smile, tight and hiding an inner wolf circling in worry and protectiveness. "He's stronger than he looks; I'm sure he will be able to fend for himself just fine."