11. Bottomless Pit (P2)

⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~-⁑~- 

Ameria POV:

I didn't know what was gonna happen. Was he going to fall? Was he going to step on a bridge. I held my breath as Ian stepped out for the second attempt. Suddenly Ian stepped on air a blue brige appared under his foot. 

"Yeah! There you go!" I yell

But when he was about to take another step he almost fell.

"Believe with every step" Barley said pulling him back. 

"Oh, yeah!" Barley and I yelled with joy as Ian kept going.

"You've got me, right?" Ian says not looking back.

"I still got you" Barley smiles. 

"Ian Lightfoot is fearless" I yell with a big happy smile

I grib my wand firmly just in case. My eyes were glued on Ian. I wasn't going to let him die. 

"This is amazing!" Ian yells 

But then the rope attached to him started to fall off! I rope falls off Ian. I gasp

"Yeah! But just keep going" Barley said with some tears in his eyes 

"Don't look back. Just straight ahead"

"Yeah keep going"  I say trying to help

"You've still got the rope, right?" Ian askes not knowing that the rope was gone. 

"Yeah, I got it" Barley says shaking with fear. He didn't want to loose Ian and neither did I.

"I am not afraid!" Ian yells with a smile with his hands high in the air

"Oh, man, I could stay out here all day" Ian starts to wobble on purpose and laughs.

"Okay, but keep moving. We've gotta see Dad, remember?" Barley says trying to hold back tears. 

"Hey, Dad, this last step is for you" Ian says turning back. 

Then he realised the rope was gone. The light in his staff disappeared. He gasped and started to fall. 

" Aloft...."

I started but Ian caught himself by a small rock on the edge. Barley dropped to the floor and sighed heavily. 

Ian grabbed the edge and was safe on the ground. He pulled the lever and the bridge went down.  Barley and I hopped into the van and started to drive to the other side.

"He did it, Dad!" Barley said hugging Ian tightly

"That was amazing!" I say with a smile.

"How long was the rope gone?" He said stepping back as terrified as ever

"Oh, just, like, the second half of it" Barley shrugged/

"I needed that rope" 

"Oh, but did you?" Barley said walking away. I walked over to Ian grabbed his hand. 

"Hey, you did great! Your dad would be proud" I smiled 

Ian started blushing. "Oh uh--"

But of course before Ian could say anything, Barley interupted. 

"Ian! Ameria! Look" Barley said pointing to a giant raven on top of the entrance way.

"It's a raven"

"The clue on the menu said Raven's Point"

"Yeah. In the mountains" Ian points out looking at the map.