Chapter 3

I got some time this week so I thought of giving you all a treat! Hope you all like it!

Enjoy:)

The storm comes and goes, the rain never stops the caravan. When the wind is too strong people pause but life never stops for anything, it goes on and on until the end. Raiyan had hit a rock bottom in recent weeks yet he was in the office preparing for a meeting. He had his laptop on the table and papers scared around, he had a file in his hand and glasses on his nose. He was reading the paper in his hand suddenly a deep frown made its way on his forehead. A few minutes later the door opened and Sufyaan entered followed by his friends. 

"It is upsetting, she has been looking forward to start working and then had to leave the job on the very first day, without any reason. I feel her boss was unfair." Sufyaan kept a water bottle in front of Raiyan before saying, "Drink this and ease those brows. Everything will be fine." He then walked to the other side of the table where Afzal and Aman took a seat. "She is holding up fine but again she has always been the strong one."

"She is a lawyer, right? Haajar?" Afzal said which immediately made Raiyan looked up at him. 

"Yeah, she is a lawyer," Sufyaan said with a shake of his head, "She has such a bright future in front of her, she is a talented and courageous girl but life seems to be very harsh on her."

"This is best for her, Allah has a bigger plan for her," Aman said making Afzal shake his head. "That firm was not good for her so even before she could begin she left. She is safe now. Oh, Raiyan, are you done? Come and sit, I haven't seen you sit since the minute you walked in the office."

"Yeah, I am done." He closed his laptop and kept the file on top of it before walking towards them. " What are you guys talking about? Something serious happened?"

"Not that bad," Afzal started, "Sufyaan's cousin was going to start working in a law firm but her boss decided to leave the firm and made her do the same."

"That seems unfair, why didn't she retract?"

"I am wondering the same. She seems to be fine with that, so I didn't say anything," Sufyaan explained, "Hopefully things will turn out well. Now, back to the presentation, what did you want to share Raiyaan?"

"Yeah! Let me bring my laptop."

Following that conversation, their mind got occupied with work and it was until the end. Around nine they all left the office and it was ten when Raiyan found himself in his room again. He kept the bag on the bed before laying down next to it. He closed his eyes and wrapped them with his hand. He was battling with his mind, he did not wish to meet a worrying topic but failed as he remembered the envelope he found in the morning. Before the topic could take over his mind, he heard a soft knock on his door. He quickly sat up straight when he saw his mother and made space for her to sit. She sat next to him and smiled softly. "How was your day? Did the meeting go well?"

"It did. How was your day? What did you do? Did you have lunch with khala?"

"I did, then we even went shopping. Her daughter is almost at the finish line, the baby will be here any day." 

"I find it difficult to believe that Hania is about to become a mother. I feel bad for the baby. She is too clumsy for it."

"Motherhood teaches everything. She will be fine, now you tell me did you have your dinner? Let us have it together. It will be nice."

"Sure. I would love that. Let me get changed and come to you quickly."

Smiling his mother left the room bring freshness in his mood and behaviour. He stood up and got changed before heading to his mother for a dinner date. The weekend that followed did not bring much to them, Raiyan spent most of his time in his room while his mother was with her sister and the newborn baby girl. Raiyan tried to find amusement around him but failed to attract anything then to his rescue Afzal called him and invited him for a brunch on Sunday which became the highlight that he looked forward to.