The Falcon and the Nestling ~ P4. The Blip (Sam Wilson)

This is a Sam Wilson x Adopted!GN!Reader head cannon series. Reader doesn't have any gender or race. If you see anything that goes against this please tell me so I can fix it asap. Also this one is quite short so I apologise. Thank you for reading... I hope you enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~

- You were one of the lucky unlucky people who survived the snap – or the blip as people were calling it.

- Your dad however didn't survive it.

- This caused a lot of trouble for you.

- Not only were you living alone, but you also didn't have your dad there to help you with anything that was troubling you or for a shoulder to cry on.

- A year later your aunt Sarah realised that you needed to be with her and the boys, quickly inviting you to live with them.

- It was nice, you all had support and Sarah wasn't alone with just kids.

- You would often babysit the boys when she went out with friends.

- You had also met some new friends, ones your age.

- Though you didn't often go out with them.

- That's when Sarah decided it would be good for you to talk about the stuff you had been keeping to yourself, she sent you to a support group.

- You had found it weird that these support groups were in New York, but you never said anything about it.

- You moved back home, keeping in touch with your aunt more then was probably necessary, and started attending these sessions.

- Turns out Steve ran a few of them himself and it just so happened the one you were sent to, he was in charge of.

- Your aunt swore she didn't know – but you could see the twinkle in her eye, the tell that she wasn't being entirely truthful.

- Steve was surprised to see you there; he hadn't seen you in a couple of years.

- He noticed how much you had grown – taller and more mature.

- He thought about his friend, and how he would be proud of the adult you had become.

- At first you were quiet, not speaking out unless prompted – and even then, it was a short reply.

- Though after a year of weekly sessions you had come out of your shell more and had even made friends in the group.

- One of them being Joaquin Torres.

- He was apart of the Air Force and had the sweetest soul.

- Steve noticed how close you two were, smiling whenever he saw you interact.

- He was happy you had become friends.Five years had passed since the blip.

- You were getting ready to go to work when a knock was heard.

- You open it to find Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff standing there – déjà vu ran through you – you invited them in asking why they had come here so impromptu.

- They told you about heir plan, and that they would like your help.

- You agreed.

- You'd have your dad back and in that moment nothing else mattered.

~~~~~~~

Published: 19.10.2021