22

Stilinski pulled his gun and shot at her. Tracy dropped onto the desk, then nicked Stilinski. I extended my bo staff as Kira pulled out her sword. We stood in front of the Martins to protect them.

"I've seen kanima, but not like this," I said, on guard.

"What do you mean?" Kira asked, blocking her tail with her sword.

"This one seems more deadly," I responded.

I broke the staff in two, sharp blades coming out of the ends, and I took a step forward. I ducked her tail, then hit her arm away. I kicked her stomach and she stumbled back. She went at me again and as I swung my weapon, her tail coming at me. She whacked my left hand, my weapon sliding across the floor.

As I dodged her tail again, Kira went at her from behind. As Tracy turned around, I was hit with her surprisingly sharp tail. It slashed my stomach and I lifted the hem of my shirt, a long cut there.

I threw my weapon at her as a distraction. I moved out of sight as she turned around. I grabbed my weapon, then charged at her. She whipped around and I felt her claws dig into my neck. She lifted me in the air, then threw me across the room and I blacked out.

"Lucy!"

My eyes opened. I tried standing, but I couldn't. I found myself in a pool of blood - my blood. I reached for my neck and sighed with relief that it healed. My stomach, however, not so much. I did feel it healing though.

"Lydia," Stilinski said. "Lydia."

I grabbed the nearby chair to help me stand. I slowly made my way towards Stilinski's office and found Lydia, lying on her side as Kira put pressure on her wound.

"What happened?" I asked, kneeling beside her.

"Tracy," Kira responded. "Can you heal her?"

I lifted her shirt slowly and put it back quickly. "It's deep, but I think I can. If it damaged an organ... I'm not so sure."

"Lydia?" Malia stood at the doorway.

"Okay. Hey, it's not as bad as it looks. Lucy's healing me," Lydia assured. "Malia. Listen. Tracy... She thinks... She thinks she's asleep. She thinks she's dreaming. It's a night terror."

"I don't know what that- "

"She's not dreaming. She's not asleep," Lydia told her. "Get her to understand."

"Malia," Stilinski called. "Basement. They're in the basement."

"They?" she asked.

"Tracy," Lydia told her. "And my mother."

Time went by. Soon enough, Scott and Stiles came into the station, Theo behind them. Before they had come, Stilinski and Deputy Clark had started to move. Stiles saw Lydia's state and rushed over.

"It's okay," I told Stiles with a weak voice. "I'm healing her."

"How long has it been?" Theo asked.

"I don't know," I responded. "A while. Tracy got her deep. It'll take longer for me to heal her."

"I meant you," Theo said. "It seems like you lost a lot of blood."

Lydia's mother came at the threshold. She let out a breath, running to her daughter. She kneeled beside her, brushing her hair back to soothe her.

"Stiles!" Scott called. "Stiles, come on."

"It's okay," Theo assured. "She's all right."

"Stiles, I'm fine," Lydia reassured. "Find Tracy. Go."