10

"I should call Stiles," Lydia said, taking her phone out.

I grabbed it from her saying, "Nope. It's me and you. It's a girl's day out. When did we last do something like this?"

"Do you have a problem with Scott and Stiles?" she asked knowingly.

"You know what? Yes, I do," I told her, beginning to rant. "Okay, I need to do something worthwhile."

"You found Garret," she said.

"Yeah, but no one believed me," I reminded bitterly. "Stiles is the debunker, you find the bodies, Scott and Malia are the fighters, Alex shoots electricity and controls wind currents, Kira's a freaking kitsune with a katana. Allison was the strategist... "

Lydia sighed. "Okay. Come on."

We got out of the car and walked into the sheriff's station.

"Deputy Thompson should be back within the hour," Parrish said. "You want to wait here?"

"Actually, we wanted to talk to you," I told him.

"Privately," Lydia added.

We went to the Sheriff's office and faced him with the deadpool. He unfolded it and began reading. "This is a hit-list?"

"We call it a Deadpool," I explained. "Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah," he replied. "The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night, but we couldn't find any of them."

"Show him the other thing," I told Lydia and she flipped the page over.

"Okay... " He stood up, walking back. "That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?"

"That's how much you're worth," Lydia informed, hesitant at first.

"I'm worth five dollars?" he questioned, slightly offended.

"Five million," I corrected, also in hopes to make him feel somewhat better about being worth more.

"I only make forty thousand a year," he said, looking down at the paper. "Maybe I should kill myself. I don't get it. Why - why am I on this?"

"That might be a question for another day," I responded. "Right now, there's still another third of the list we have to crack."

"We need the third cipher key," Lydia said. "But, we need help getting it."

"From who?" he inquired.

"Meredith."

"The girl from Eichen?" He walked past us to open the door. "The last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown."

Lydia scoffed. "Uh, almost."

:::

We arrived at Eichen House. With my great persuasive skills, A.K.A mostly nagging, Parrish agreed to take us, even though he said we should have been in school. Since he was a deputy, we'd be allowed inside without having to argue and fight our way in.

As I got out of the car, Stiles's jeep pulled in by the sidewalk across from us. I sighed, rolling my eyes and I unintentionally slammed the door shut.

"What's he doing here?" I asked, slightly glaring at him.

"I texted him," Lydia said. She let out an irritated sigh. "At one point, you are going to talk with them and be around them. It wasn't a problem when you went with him to get Brett- "

"That's a bit different," I said, glancing at Stiles and he waved with a stupid smile. "Someone was dying. I couldn't think about- "

"Well, more people will die if we don't crack this list," Lydia interjected. "We can't be divided. Not now."