It Was Fun While It Lasted

Random pov
You woke up to David using a megaphone to scream good morning to all the campers, you slowly opened your eyes adjusting to the light and as soon as you did you remembered what day it was.. It was the last day of camp, you were scared and worried, since your parents had recently died you didn't know where you were going to go after camp and the day has come, you sit up on your bed, grabbed a book you were reading last night and turned to look at Max, he's so peaceful when he's sleeping you thought *throws book at him* Finally i've been waiting forever to do that, in the book i was reading the other day someone woke up one of their friends exactly like that and i thought it was funny so i wanted to do it to Max but i had to wait until a night where he wasn't having a nightmare. "what the fuck, y/n" Max said getting up off of his bed and sliding his hoodie on, he looked up at you to see tears racing down your face "y/n what's wrong" Max said walking over and sitting down next to you.

Max pov
Y/n was crying? I asked what was wrong and sat next to her, "Max...do you know what today is?" she asked, i thought about it for a second and then it hit me, it was the last day of camp..it was the last day of camp?! IT'S THE LAST DAY OF CAMP, OH FUCK, i thought to myself, uh oh, i could feel it coming, i started having a panic attack i can't go back to them, no no no no no no no, as much as i hate it here i hate it more back at home, i can't go back.
y/n had noticed a d was comforting me, it wasn't much but it was enough to calm me down, after around an hour i had calmed down completely, i was getting up to go to the mess hall for breakfast when y/n grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down next to her... "Max i-...i need to tell you something" she said, i looked up at her and i could see she was shaking i didn't know why but it probably had something to do with what she was telling me so i waited.... "i'm listening" i said, she looked at me with her beautiful e/c eyes and gave me a gentle smile, "Max i, i like you" she said turning her face away from me hiding the embarrassment, it took me a while to process what she had just said and as soon as i did the only words i managed to get out was "i-", she looked at me tears forming in her eyes, i liked her i really did but i just don't know how to say it, as soon as i looked up at her she was gone, she must have already gone to get breakfast but when i got to the mess hall she wasn't there, i asked Nikki and Niel if they knew where she was but they didn't, then i remembered, y/n goes to the lake when she's upset or just relaxing so i went to look for her there, and to my surprise she was i walked over and sat next to her "hello" she said not looking in my direction but instead staring over the lake, "it's beautiful isn't it" i said managing to give her a soft smile as she looked over at me "mhm" she replied.

We were sitting there in silence for a few hours, it wasn't an awkward silence it was a silence i could be in all day it was very comfortable and it made me forget about today, i looked at the sky and saw it was getting a little dark, i got up "we should start heading back now" i said lending y/n a hand to get up, she accepted and stood next to me, i'm surprised she wasn't ignoring me after what happened earlier but i'm glad she wasn't we walked back over to the mess hall together and when we got there all the other campers had already gone home.

Your pov
I was standing with Max when i realised, i didn't have any more family to live with, i assumed David and Gwen already knew this and then i got an idea, "i'll be right back Max" i said as i started walking over to the councillors cabin, i walked in a went over to Gwen.. "Gwen" i said tugging at her short sleeve lightly "what is it" she said looking a little confused on why i haven't gone home yet "can you adopt me?" i asked she looked at me confused once again "remember, my parents died and i have no family left, you were always seen as a mother figure to me even before my parents got into that accident" she looked at me and i swear i saw sparkles in her eyes "yes, i figured you would want this so i already signed the papers, i just need your permission" she said looking at me with a smile.

After a while

You had been chilling with Gwen for a while and then you remembered Max was waiting for you outside, you were about to tell Gwen you were going to go back out with him when she got a phone call , she went and got it and when she came back she had tears in her eyes "what happened?" you asked, Gwen explained to you that Max's parents had disowned him and you were crying your eyes out, it wasn't your parents but you loved Max so you felt bad for him.

you know what i'm getting lazy so i'm gonna shorten this out

You and Gwen told Max and David what happened amd David adopted Max, when you and Gwen were about to leave Max gave you a massive hug and told you he loved you.

Because David is David he still talks to Gwen and you and Max hang out often

The end