9. She's Sick

You were awake the majority of the night with Emilia crying and clutching her stomach. She was refusing to eat and drink all day yesterday. All she ate was half of a banana and a little apple juice. You were convinced she was coming down with something but you weren't exactly sure. Harry and you decided to wait till morning to see if it was just a bellyache. You were awoken by small, quite whimpers beside you. After Emilia not being able to sleep, once you finally did get her to sleep, you were worried, so you just kept her in between you and Harry.

You turned to face Emilia, and her usual tan skin that mirrored Harry's looked pale white and she looked ill.

"Hi honey. How are you feeling?" You asked and she shook her head before the tears started to leak out. "We're going to get you all better. Ok?" Emilia nodded and you shook Harry to wake him up.

"We need to take her to the doctor," you said and he shot out of bed instantly.

"We'll leave in ten minutes," You pulled on clothes while Emilia lay on your bed waiting on you while Harry was installing the car seat into his car since it was in yours. Emilia started to move and sit up and then it happened. The little banana she had eaten yesterday came back up along with the little fluid she had taken in. She started to dry heave as her stomach was empty and you took her into your arms.

"You're ok darling. Mummy has you," you cradled her in your arms as she sobbed into your chest and you tried to comfort her by stroking her head lightly and kissing the top of it, whispering soothing words to her. This helped to put your mind at rest, she definitely only had a stomach bug, but you'd still take her to the doctor's to be checked out.

"I's sorry Mama, I done that to bed," You shook your head and smiled lightly.

"Don't be silly Meels. Mama can clean up," She nodded slightly

*********

"Hi, I called about my daughter. You said you could take her at 10am?" Harry said to the receptionist with Emilia in his arms and she nodded smiling.

"Of course, the doctor should be out in a couple of minutes," You and Harry nodded before taking a seat.

"Mama," Emilia said quietly reaching her arms out to you. You took her from Harry and kissed her lightly before she reached back towards Harry saying 'daddy'.

This continued for a couple of minutes until the doctor shouted her name and you carried her through to the examination room with Harry following. There was no doubt you both looked sleep deprived, and Emilia looked sick, but you didn't care how you looked. All you cared about was getting Emilia taken care of.

********

"Ok Emilia, I'm going to see how hot or cold you are ok?" Dr. Chapman said and Emilia nodded small in Harry's arms seeing as she had switched again. The doctor put the thermometer into her ear and waited for the beep.

"Ok so she does have a high temperature but I wouldn't be too worried. It's simply just a stomach bug. I'm going to give her a prescription for something to stop the nausea. It should just pass, but I will give you antibiotics to get rid of it quicker, and also the medicine for the nausea will help her sleep. Also, if you can make sure she's eating at least three snacks a day and drinking at least one litre of water, the flu should be flushed out of her within a couple of days," he said typing on his computer and Harry looked over at you relieved.

You took the prescription of Dr. Chapman and smiled thankfully. "I hope you feel better soon Emilia," Emilia just looked at the doctor before nodding on Harry shoulder.

"Fanks," You smiled at your daughter and her manners before going to the pharmacy and picking up her prescription. You felt terrible that your baby girl was sick and there wasn't anything you could do. Just wait until she's better...