(V)

"Thanks for the ride!" I waved at Nick as I jumped out of his Mercedes SUV.

"No problem." He waved at em through open window. "See you later."

I watched his car leave then walked inside Ambrosia, looking for Liam. His old mustang was parked outside, so I knew he was here. "Liam?"

"Over here!" I looked up to see him trying to get his attention from the VIP section in the loft. He started down the stairs to the main level. I took a moment to run my eyes over him. He was dresses in a tight black dress shirt with black dress pants. I had to admit, he was really hot.

I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye once he was right in front of me. "I need to talk to you."

He shrugged. "Sure, anything."

"First, I wanted to apologize for what went down last night. I'm sorry about Sutton-"

He shushed me by putting one finger against my lips. "It's not your fault."

Tingles spread through my body at his touch. It reignited old memories, of happiness and bliss, of when Liam and I were still together.

I shook away my thoughts. "Yeah, okay, well, I need to ask you a favor." I wrung my hands together and looked at the concrete floor.

"Yeah?"

"Can you look after the club for about a month? I need some time away, to clear my head. I'm going to take a little break, go visit my brother in Australia." I brought my gaze back up to his, trying to gauge his reaction.

He grinned at me. "Of course, crazy." He hugged me tight against him. "I'm so glad you're taking some time off for yourself." His breath tickled my neck, sending fuzzies through my body. His intoxicating smell invaded my nostrils, and I shut my eyes.

My mind flew back to the past, when Liam used to wait for me outside the doors of school everyday, just to see me. I remembered how his school let out ten minutes before mine, then he would jump into his car and race over in time to give me a hug as I stepped outside. He had been the best boyfriend.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, clutching his shirt. I wanted us to be that couple again, but I couldn't. He probably didn't want me like that, and after what he had done I couldn't go back to ignorant bliss.

"Is that all you needed to talk to me about?" Liam pulled away too soon and held me at an arm's length.

I nodded.

"Well, then I have something to tell you." He took a deep breath and stared into my eyes.

I waited curiously for him to continue.

"I want us to try again."

"Try what again?" I but on my lip in confusion.

"Being a couple."

Say what, now?

I opened my mouth to talk, but he cut me off. "Don't come up with an answer right now. Think about it, and we'll talk when you get back."

I nodded dumbly, unable to formulate a response. Aria was right. Maybe he still did have feelings for me.

"I-I have to go. The plane is scheduled to leave in four hours." I mumbled. My thoughts and emotions were flying all over the place, a billion questions running through my mind.

He pecked my cheek and smile at me. "Take care of yourself."