(XI)

I handed a five dollar bill to the cashier, looking around the small café.

"Here you go, sir." I took the change the girl handed me, not missing the way she tugged at the bottom of her shirt, exposing her cleavage. I shook my head and walked away. No class. Not like my Spencer. Not like my girl.

I leaned against the wall, scrolling through my text messages as I waited for my overpriced coffee.

The little bell above the door dinged as someone else entered the shop. I didn't bother to look up, instead drafting a text I would sent to Spencer. She probably wouldn't even read it, but I could always hope.

"Lyahm!" The barista called out, completely butchering my name. I straightened up and walked towards the counter, wondering if it was really that difficult to say 'Liam'.

I turned to the exit, my steps sudden to faltering. Familiar, glossy, blonde hair caught my eye, falling down to her waist in soft waves. "Spencer."

She looked up and froze, blue eyes wide. She dropped her gaze and looked away from me, evidently trying to ignore me.

Not happening.

I rested a hand on her shoulder trying to get her to look at me. She only flinched and pulled away, reaching the cashier and rattling off her order. Caramel frappé. Double blended. Extra caramel. I knew it by heart, from all of the coffee runs I had made for her, only to see the smile on her face as she took a sip.

"Spencer, look at me." I begged, trying not to cause a scene in the crowded café. "Baby, please."

I gently pulled her wrist away, pulling out a five and throwing it onto the counter without a second thought. Before she could protest, the girl was already handing over the change.

Spencer threw an icy look my way before heading over to the other side of the small shop where you were supposed to pick up your drink.

She stared at the floor and continued to ignore me. "Fuck, Spence, just say something."

No answer.

I grabbed her chin and tilted her face up to look at me. "Did you even read my letter?"

The tears in her eyes said it all. She was hurting. She was hurting because of me. I had to do something. She had to know that she was the only girl I wanted.

I linked my fingers into the belt loops of her tight jeans and pulled her flush against me.

"L-Liam, please don't. Not here." She pushed at my chest, and I loosened my grip on her slightly.

"Spence, baby, please." I begged. "Just hear me out."

"No. No. Please go. I can't deal with this right now." She turned away from me, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she began to walk out of the café, shoulders hunched.

"Babe? Is this guy bothering you?" A tall guy appeared behind my girl, gripping her waist with one disgusting hand. He looked familiar.

My jaw clenched. No. This wasn't fucking happening. She couldn't be dating him. He was a worthless piece of rich shit. He was not for Spencer.

"Let's just go." She intwined her hand with his and pulled him outside, the little bell signaling her departure.

I groaned and covered my face with my hands. I had done this. I had lost Spencer because of some faceless blonde slut. The girl I had been thinking about for ages had been right at my fingertips and I had pushed her away. She would've been mine. She would've been my girl.

I turned to stare at the drink she had left, missing out on her favorite coffee in order to avoid me.