STORY 23-THE GOOD DIFFERENT

"Did you make sure that she ate the cupcake?" Rhea asked me with a threatening voice.

Her eyes were like knives that could stab me any moment. She has changed so much. She was once the most famous girl at school because she has everything. She is rich, smart, and she possesses the beauty that every man could fall for. She is almost next to perfection but everything has changed when Stella transferred into our school and stole every ounce of attention from her. That is the very reason why she is really persistent to make Stella vanish from our sight, from our school, and from this world forever.

"I did. I saw it with my own naked eyes."

I can't believe I'm doing a dirty job because of her but I don't have any choice but to follow. She has the power to ruin me and my family's business completely. This is the seventh time that I tried to poison Stella. I always saw her eat the food that has a strong poison but it doesn't have any effect on her. Sometimes I was a bit unsure if she has really eaten it before but now I am hundred percent sure that she did.

We haven't seen Stella the next day. I guess she's real gone now and I guess I'm gonna live my whole life fighting with my inner self trying to delude my mind that I just did that to protect me and my family from wreckage.

"Sorry, I'm late!" my face was covered in horror when I look at the door and saw Stella catching her breath. She was perfectly fine. I looked at the back and saw Rhea giving me a disappointed look.

How did this happen?

I'm really certain that she ate the food with poison. But now she's here, alive and well.

I was uneasy the whole hour. I was confused. I contemplated deeply. And there was one thing that I can't deny, there was a part of me that was...scared.

"You told me that you saw her eat the food but why the hell is she still alive? Are you fooling me? Do you want to die instead of her?" Rhea got me cornered in the isolated classroom.

I was feeling so weak and nauseated. It feels like she will choke me to death with her temper now.

"I really saw it! I'm not kidding you. I'm dead serious. Why can't you believe me?" I tried to raise my voice a little.

"It's the seventh time that you keep on failing. I don't want to waste time anymore. This time I'll do it myself. Tell Stella to see me at the gym at 6."

What is she planning to do? Why is she being like this? I can't believe I'm following her wicked orders.

I told Stella that Rhea wants to meet her, without second thoughts, she agreed. She even gave me a bottle of yogurt when she noticed that I look so tired. I walked away from her. I don't want to ruin her last moments with her friends. I saw Rhea waiting for me near the bench.

"Did she agree?" she asked with a serious tone in her voice.

"Yeah. What are you planning to do?"

"You'll see," then she took the yogurt from me and drank it.

"Thank you for this. See you later," she then turned away.

The gym was dark and quiet. It's like a deserted place in the middle of the campus. I checked the time, it was 6:15 in the evening. No more sunlight shining down.

"Why do you want to meet me here, Rhea?" Stella asked with a blank expression on her face.

I just stood next to Rhea who was slowly closing the gap between her and Stella. I saw from the back that she's holding a syringe that has a yellow liquid inside. I still can't believe that this girl is capable of killing for the sake of fame.

"For this," then she injected it into Stella's neck. Stella fell on the ground, lifeless. I checked her pulse, there was nothing.

She's dead.

"Don't worry. My father's going to clean up my mess," Rhea smiled at me.

Was it that easy for her to end someone else's life? Does she even feel guilty?

She was about to walk away when her stomach hurts and abruptly, she started vomiting blood. The next thing I knew was that she was already on the floor slowly getting weaker.

I ran towards her to help her but it's too late. She will not make it to the hospital.

"You think I wouldn't know that you've been trying to kill me all this time?"

A voice from our back spoke.

It was Stella!

But she just died..a minute ago.

"Y-you..w-what are you?" I asked.

My voice was trembling. Rhea was barely breathing, but I can see how shocked she was.

"You actually succeeded. You have killed me seven times in just one month. Are you a serial killer or something? A-ah wait.. it wasn't seven. It's eight. I just remembered that I died awhile ago."

"Y-you..w-who a-are you?" Rhea managed to ask before she spit out more blood.

I just sat right there trying to fight my nightmare. I still can't believe what I'm beholding. Please.. I need to wake up. My knees are so weak that I couldn't stand. I couldn't think straight. Stella draws closer.

"Me? Well...since you're going to die anyway..I'll tell you. I am a....human," she laughed like a crazy woman.

Her voice filled the close space. Then she suddenly stopped and gave us a burning gaze that made me want to faint.

"I'm just kidding. You mess with the wrong girl. Don't you know me?

I am a demigod."