Thinking about the Future

People with navy blue jackets and yellowed lettering on their jackets roamed about his office building. Victor watched them as they frequently entered his office to ask questions and visited Amy's desk which was in front of his office.

He couldn't believe that she was gone. Murdered in the back of the vehicle that was transporting her to jail. His mechanical heart clenched at the thought of it.

For years, he had thought of her as a little sister and a confidant. They worked together, took lunch and dinner together, and watched each other back. Or, so he thought.

He didn't want to think about or process his feelings on the matter. Yet, he knew when it hit him, it would hit him hard.

"Knock, knock."

Vic didn't glance up from the paperwork that he was pretending to complete. The federal agents came inside his office too often for him to concentrate. He doubted that he or any of his employees would get any work done in the next couple of days.

Amy had made a mess of things.

"Come in." He waited for the agent to ask their question and leave. Instead, a cup of coffee was placed in front of him. He finally glanced up to see Willow smiling down at him.

"How have you been holding up?" Willow asked, sitting down in the chair in front of his desk.

"Good." He took a sip of the coffee.

"It hasn't hit you yet, hasn't it?"

"Not yet. Maybe after your friends leave this place and I have time to hire a new secretary." He wasn't looking forward to it. Amy may have been a murderous traitor but she was effective at her job. She used to make sure that everything had run smoothly so that he didn't have to worry about anything. In retrospect, that was part of her plan.

"Take your time adjusting. Amy was a big part of your life."

"Yeah, I know. It just..." He wiped his face, trying to get rid of some of the tension. "...I wish that this didn't happen"

"I know." Silence engulfed the room. There wasn't too much that they could talk about concerning Amy. They had different feelings. To Vic, she was a sister that turned traitor. To his girlfriend, she was a murderer who had killed the man she had loved.

"You know, if you need help, I can play your sexy secretary for a while." She added with a wink.

"Really?" He was intrigued. Both for work and for pleasure purposes.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." Yuki Tanaka walked in. He was the only agent without a jacket on and the only one who entered his office without permission first. "You played a key role in this investigation. It is already bad enough that you two are dating. It wouldn't look good if you started to work here afterward. Besides, you have neglected your own company for some time now. "

"You're right." She glanced up at Yuki, who stood up beside her before turning to Vic. "I guess, we have to put that idea on hold until everything clears up."

"Hopefully, that will be soon." Vic faced Yuki. He was silently asking him when this investigation will end.

Yuki scratched his head. "The investigation will take some time since Amy had a hand in everything in your company. However, we should be out of your hair at the end of this week or next week depending on what else we found."

"I understand. Take your time." He said words that he didn't mean. He wanted them to finish as soon as possible.

Yuki nodded before turning his attention to Willow. "Are you finished with my jacket? It's annoying to keep having to flash my badge."