Prelude

Prelude

"Good job, little assassin." Black Willow clapped slowly once their leader left the room.

He wanted to roll his eyes at his 'partner', but that was one expression that the orange and black mask wouldn't hide. Instead of showing his annoyance, he thought of a thousand ways to kill her. Slowly and painfully.

"However, I wouldn't be surprised if you had done it by accident."

He turned and left the room. He didn't want to hear what she had to say anymore. Besides, she wasn't too far off from the truth. While he wouldn't say that it was by accident, he couldn't say it was by his design either.

Their leader had simply instructed him to attack Nightwing at his place of residence. And he did. He was simply following orders.

He hadn't known, at the time of the attack, that the purpose of the attack was to get all of the Titans and their love ones inside of the Tower. But he should had known. What other reason why they would attack Nightwing now at his home when the leader knew where he stayed all along.

He winced. He needed to get out of this deal sooner than later. He was slowly losing his gripped on everything. The changes to his body, especially in the last week, weren't helping as well. Nevertheless, as much as he wanted to end this deal, he wasn't able to. The leader had something that he needed, something that was dear to him. If he didn't get the information, he would truly be lost. He had already tried and failed miserably to obtain it on his own.

"You know, when someone gives you a compliment, you are supposed to say 'Thank you." The psychopath said, following him.

"We both know, that wasn't a compliment."

Black Willow laughed, "You're right; it wasn't. Nevertheless, I'm honestly happy that you didn't screw this up. We were already delayed enough because of you."

He stopped and turned to her. "You need to worry about yourself and that green pet of yours."

She glared at him. "There isn't anything wrong with my grip on my pet or me."

"Is that so? I heard differently."

She stepped closer to him and whispered. "Watch yourself, little man, or I will forget our employee's instructions and remove your head from your neck." She passed him and said, "Be ready for tonight."

He watched her leave. I wish she would die.

To say her head was pounding would be an understatement. Raven couldn't begin to described the excruciating feeling that was being exuded from her head. She turned to her left to see Mari cradling her head between her hands beside her.

That was how strong her headache was; it was also affecting Mari. Out of the countless times she had suffered from headaches, not once had Mari been affected by them. Even though Mari was a part of her, she was still a separate entity from her. She shouldn't have been able to feel Raven's headaches or suffer from any illness that she suffered from. In fact, she shouldn't be able to get sick at all. Yet, here, they both were, lying in bed suffering from a killer headache that came out of nowhere.

She couldn't understand. Since she had been sharing a bed with Nightwing, her headaches and nightmares had subsided. After they had become intimate, they had almost disappeared completely, only appearing when she let her emotions get the best of her. She had been able to cut back on the number of pills that she took. Now, she took more pills than she was used to taking. The increase amount didn't give her any relief nor did the comfort of Nightwing's arm. She was stuck in a constant state of pain.