A Friend and Attacks

Before Late into the Night

She glanced at her device, hoping that she would get a response from Nightwing.

At first, she thought that he was busy and couldn't answer. However, as she got closer to the Tower, something irritated the nerves in her brain before traveling to her abdomen. It then moved back up to her heart, where it caused it to clench.

She took a deep breath as she moved faster.

When she had arrived at the Tower, she was surprised to see a non-Titan there alone. Nevertheless, she was happy to gain information from that person whose name Willow on what had happened before she arrived.

She, now, had some clues on where to look for them. She just hoped that nothing seriously had happened to them.

If something did, she hoped that, at least, she would reach them on time before it was too late. She hadn't traveled all the way to the Tower just to find out the Nightwing and the other Titans were no longer there.

She shook her head.

She had to find them before something happen. However, she took comfort in knowing that Nightwing wasn't the type to give up.

Changeling charged at the blond-haired beast. However, he moved to the side, causing him to fall face first on the ground.

He got up and rushed to attack him again. And once more he fell on his face.

Sleep! Changeling shook his head, trying to clear out the voice inside of his mind.

"I am going to kill you!" Changeling roared, and tried to attack him again. Once again, he missed his target.

Nicholas Galtry Jr., the man who lured him on a pseudo-mission to Africa, laughed at in him is his animalistic form.

"I doubt that you could." Nicholas said."You couldn't kill a fly even if you tried." They circled each other. Nicholas's calm demeanor was completely different then Changeling's furious one.

"I should know. We tried to get you to several times. But all you did was whined. In the end, I was the one who had to complete the job."

"The villages in Zambesi, was that you or me?" Changeling asked. He was certain that he knew what had happened, but he wanted to hear it from his mouth.

For many years, he thought that he had killed those people in those villages. For many years, he had been plagued with nightmares of the villagers. And now, to know that he didn't kill anyone was a weight off of his shoulder.

Nicholas laughed again. "It was you."

"You're lying." Changeling yelled.

He tilted his head to the left then to the right. "I guess, since you are about to die, I can tell you the truth. That way you can rest in peace."

Sleep! The voice screamed in his head. Go to sleep! Changeling ignored it to focus on Nicholas's words.

"When you tugged away from me, I fell. The syringe that I hastily grabbed and placed in my pocket penetrated my clothes and skin when I fell. The drug that contained your DNA gave me powers. Powers like yours, powers stronger than yours."

"You may have my powers. But I know how to use them. I know the in's and out's of them."

Stop! Don't fight him! Go to sleep!