Chapter 25: Elysian✔️

(adj) - beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect

pronounced: uh-li-sion

•Winter's pov•

I groan awake from the sound of my alarm and move my arm to turn it off. I lay in bed for about 2 minutes before getting up. I go to my bathroom and turn the shower on. Since I washed my hair last night, I put a shower cap on to keep it from getting wet.

After my shower, I put on my robe, brush my teeth, and wash my face before starting on my hair. I take my curling iron out and lightly curl my hair. I brush them out when I finish and put on some light makeup. I clean up my things when I'm done and walk out of the bathroom. It may seem a little extra for school but I have my recital afterwards, so I want to be as ready as I can be beforehand.

I took my clothes out last night so that I could have more time to get ready this morning. I had chosen brown pants, a white cropped hoodie with the word Nike on it in brown, and white sneakers.

 I had chosen brown pants, a white cropped hoodie with the word Nike on it in brown, and white sneakers

I go to my closet once I'm dressed and pull out a duffle bag. I then go all around my room packing what I need. Makeup, hair products, my curling iron, a brush and comb, my costume for my recital, extra clothes, feminine products just in case, hygiene products, and a charger. After I pack my duffle bag, I grab it along with my backpack, phone, watch, AirPods, and keys.

I walk down to the kitchen where I see Mamá and Bampás, who came home a few days ago, as well as the twins. Mamá and Bampás give me a hug while my two eldest brothers kiss me on my forehead. I walk out the door leading to the garage and unlock my car. I put my backpack and duffle bag inside and get in the driver's seat.

The drive is calm and filled with Billie Eilish songs

The drive is calm and filled with Billie Eilish songs. Instead of going to school right away, I stop at a cafe and walk inside. The cafe is quite crowded, but it's still very quiet and calm. I'm able to find an empty booth and sit down. Almost as soon as I sit down, a waitress sets a basket of croissants and some butter on the table. As I look through the menu and eat the croissants, I hear the bell on the door chime.

I look up to see Melissa, Meloni, and their kids. When the little kids see me, they run over to give me a hug. Melissa's 15-year-old son gives me a fist bump and Meloni's 13-year-old daughter hugs me as well.