Chapter 10 - THE FIRST MOVE

Start from the beginning

She wiped away her tears as she saw every single reported in the room gasp and become uncomfortable of what she has just said. 

They've prepared for this day for a whole year. She's run through the story over and over in her mind until she'd get to feel every bit of it's details. 

"How did you get out?"

Out of the silence, the man she was staring at a while ago raised his hand and asked. 

She looked him straight in the eye and prepared herself for the next part of her story. She sniffed as the tears slowly died down again. 

"Someone helped me."

"Who?" another question. 

"A woman. The woman who my abductor's lover. She got curious one day of what was beyond the door underneath his property. And that was when she saw me. She was horrified and didn't waste any time to rescue me."

"Do you know who your abductor is?"

"Yes. I will never forget his face."

"Who is it?"

"I can't..."

She started to cry again and even turned her head away from everyone. The head speaker started to console her. He whispered a few words to her and encouraged her to tell he truth.

She nodded as she faced everyone once again. She looked straight at the man wearing his fake mustache just across him. 

"It's--- it's Liam Miller."

All of a sudden, the entire room went into a frenzy. After dropping that exact name, everyone was calling everyone they know as she asked to be excused from everything that's happening. 

The media was trying to stop her from leaving but she tried her best to get away from all the crowd. All her moves are calculated and very well planned. 

Soon enough, she was inside a tinted car as every single photographers were trying to grab her attention. 

The moment she stepped inside the car, Terry who was sitting in the front seat turned towards her. 

"Are you ready?"

She nodded. 

"You did a good job."

"Where are we going now?"

"You'll see." 

The car was now moving. She felt her head suddenly aching from all of the events that has just happened. Today was the first step of Keld's vengeance. For a year, she has to train herself to become exactly like Kara. The woman she's pretending to be. 

They stopped in a private cabin that's secluded and was almost too far away from the city. It was more of a safe house with the serenity it had. It is backdropped with the vast forest behind it with a small pool in the front yard. The house is well built in two story and painted in Auburn color. 

Terry led her inside and gave her a quick tour of the entire place. There's a cute fireplace in the middle of the living room while a huge flat screen TV was also displayed. The kitchen is equipped with all necessary appliance she needed, including a coffee maker, a toaster, an oven, a fully stocked fridge, blenders and all other necessities she might need. 

As she looked out the window, she could see three of the men who were on a convoy with them a while ago clearing the perimeter. 

The house had three rooms, one was identified to be a panic room while the other one is a guest room. When she stepped inside the panic room, she was welcomed with all the CCTV screens in every nook and cranny of the house.