Chapter 6 - INAPPROPRIATE PROPOSAL

She sat there dumbfounded about what just happened.

She was invited into the Victory place where her Billionaire client Keld, asked her to go out with her for dinner. They chose a secluded corner of the restaurant while not far away from them were two bodyguards standing by.

What she thought was an intimate dinner turned out to be a not-so-decent proposal.

"What's the one thing you want the most in your life?"

It was a striking question he asked the moment they were done with the formal greetings. She wore a white hat net that covered part of her face yet enough for him to see her.

"What do you mean?" she inquired.

"I want to know, what's the one thing you want most in your life right now?"

She smirked sweetly at him. "Right now?"

"Yes." his immensely blue eyes were penetrating her soul right at that moment. It was addicting to look at and she just could not look away.

"I'd--- I'd want my very own place. A bigger one so I could have both of my friends live with me."

"Is that it?"

"I want a lot of things Keld. Too many you might not manage."

Now it was him who smirked.

"What if I tell you that I could give all of that to you?"

She bowed her head as she felt herself blush. "Of course you can. You're a billionaire. How could you not, right? If you'd really want to."

"What else do you want? Tell me." he slowly raised the teacup in front of him as his eyes remained glaring at her. "Tell me all the things you'd want to have in this world."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Just tell me."

She looked back at him and sighed.

"Okay then. I want to study, give myself a degree so I could get out as soon as I can from the escort service. I want to live my life without having to think about when I'm going to have my next meal. Or that someone might come creeping into my bed at night with the worst intention I could ever imagine. I want to keep taking a bath with the warmest water I could have in my own home. I want to be able to dance naked in my own living room not thinking about anything at all except how good the music I will be dancing to. I want to travel the world and explore the things I have not explored. Live the life I'd want because for the longest time I could remember, I have not lived one that I had control of. Do you think you could give all that to me?"

Keld's stare towards her grew even darker. In his mind, thoughts of what happened to her started accumulating. Was her life that bad to actually succumb to the lifestyle of being an escort?

"Don't get me wrong. I am not questioning how wealthy you are. I can very well see how big your name is. But sometimes, there are so many things in this world that you simply cannot buy with all the money you have in the world. It just doesn't work that way all the time."

He leaned back on his chair as he finished out his tea.

"I didn't know how innocent you were until now."

She shrugged as she too took a sip of her own tea.

"I guess we both have something in common."

"And what is that?"

He smirked, his smile not fading as he stared at him with an intensity that could definitely take her breath away.

"We've both been given the most brutal things this world could give us. And I empathize with what you've been through. Believe me, life has been tough to me too." he swallowed a small lump that seemed to have blocked his throat as he looked at how her fingers lingered on the teacup in front of her. "But believe me when I tell you, I can give you all of that."