The Mysterious Maiden

Start from the beginning

You bowed immediately before walking off, taking deep breaths and ignoring the sympathetic smiles of the other maidens. They knew the look you wore now; the shaking, widened and wild eyes, the pure silence as you moved through the castle and to the cellar. Once the wine bottle was in your hands, you made your way back to your lady's room quickly, not wanting to end up like the previous maid.

Lady Dimitrescu smiled upon seeing you back so soon and silently pouring her a glass of wine. After her glass was poured, you shakily handed it to her and bowed, waiting for your next order. A gloved finger pressed under your chin and tilted your head up slowly, forcing you to lock eyes with your lady.

"What exactly do you do around here?" Genuine curiosity gleamed in those hypnotic suns of hers, entrancing you immediately.

"I... mainly work in the kitchen, my lady. Cook, clean, you name it. When I'm not in the kitchen I typically get your handmaiden... would get your handmaiden a new bottle of wine whenever necessary. Or clean some of the other rooms."

She hummed at your response before chuckling, the sound further ensnaring you. You were Icarus and her eyes were suns. Her chuckle and voice rivaling that of siren, leaving you to be the pirate sailing to your demise.

"How would you like a promotion then?" Red lips curled into a knowing smirk as she watched you nod, immediately recognizing the look in your eyes. "Would you like to be my new handmaiden?"

"Yes, my lady." You drawled, causing her smirk to curl into a grin.

"Good, then go get changed. I can't have my new handmaiden dressed like that."

With a bow, you left the room and headed back to the servant's quarters, only stopping when the three daughters appeared in front of you. They said nothing as they stared at you, making you dare look up and meet their gazes. When you did, you noticed the confusion and anger in their eyes, almost as if they were trying to figure out who — or what — you were and why they'd never chased you before.

"I apologize, my ladies, but your mother has ordered me to change. May I?" You inquired, motioning to the door behind them.

They all shared a glance before parting, letting you enter the room. After you were changed and made sure there was no blood on you, you exited the room, coming face to face with the sisters once more. You blinked slowly at them before bowing, waiting for one of them to speak.

"Who are you?"

"Why have we never tormented you before?"

"Where did you come from?"

The questions caught you off-guard, making you straighten yourself out and cock your head to the right, [E/C] eyes gleaming with curiosity. The girls seemed to freeze at the action, the three of them sharing looks and whispering to each other.

"I'm [Y/N], my ladies. I was one of the maidens that was sent here from a nearby village. I usually stick to the kitchen and make sure to not mess up my work." You responded and offered them a dazzling smile, noticing they all tensed shortly after.

'Wonder what that's all about...'

You watched as they swarmed away, buzzing and chittering louder than normal. With a confused hum, you made your way back to lady Dimitrescu, bowing upon entering her room.

"My lady," You called, letting her know that you were there. "I've changed my outfit, as requested."

"And what took you so long to get back here?" Her tone was harsh and made you flinch.

"I-I ran into your daughters, my lady. They simply had some questions for me." You responded immediately, cursing yourself for stuttering at the beginning.

"Well, you are one mysterious maiden. I don't blame them for wanting to ask you questions."

You straightened yourself up, locking eyes with those golden suns of hers, feeling that same trance-like feeling as before. You were simply a mysterious maiden and she, the lady that would unravel all of those mysteries. The lady that would reveal the real you.