Chapter 9

It is on Tuesday night that you get a text from him which says, 

Yoongi - Hey, lunch tomorrow if you're free? 

You almost cancel on him because you don't want to hear what he has to say. You're afraid that his words will end up hurting you more than he's already hurt you if that's even possible. But that is exactly the reason why you end up saying yes too. You're curious to know what he wants to talk to you about. It's already been made clear where your relationship with each other stands. What is there that's left to talk about? Maybe it's about the divorce. Even though you know that it's going to happen sooner or later, still the thought of it sends chills down your spine. If he gets you to sign the papers tomorrow then it'll be official. It will be real. You're not sure if you're ready for that just yet. After contemplating it for almost an hour, you decide to agree to the plan. You text him back saying, 

Y/N - Hi, sure. I have a half-day at work tomorrow anyway and Soojin is going to visit her brother tomorrow too. So, instead of lunch can you come over after 3 o clock? 

You get a reply from him saying "Okay, see you tomorrow." almost instantly as if he was waiting for you to text back. Ever since that night at the pizzeria, you feel that his behaviour has changed somehow. He seems to be acting a bit differently than he has the past few months. You honestly don't know if you should be worrying about it or not because maybe it's all just in your head but then what if it's not just in your head? You exhale out a breath you didn't realise you were holding and go back to watching the drama you've been bingeing these days to distract yourself from the revelation that is to come tomorrow in the form of a coffee with your husband. 

____

The next day you get off work earlier than expected and decide to pick up something to eat with coffee from the bakery near your office. As soon as you enter the bakery, you are hit with nostalgia. It's a bittersweet feeling. You haven't been in this cutesy little place for a while now, that too without even realising. You and Yoongi used to hang out here all the time after your office hours used to get over. He loves the strawberry cheesecake this place makes. In his words, "Its smooth, creamy texture and the tartness from the tangy strawberry sauce are to die for." The memory of him saying those words with a mouthful of cheesecake and then proceeding to feed you a bite of it, urging you to try it because he desperately wants you to change your mind about disliking cheesecakes brings a faint smile to your face. It makes you feel like you're being disrespectful to yourself when you begin to yearn for those moments to come back. No matter how hard you try, you just can't get yourself to accept the fact that he did this to you. 

You are brought back to the real world when the young-looking boy from behind the counter calls for you saying, "Excuse me, Miss. Hello, would you like to order something?" He gives you a warm smile. You nod as you walk towards the counter. "Yes, I'd like to order a piece of the lemon meringue tart and two slices of strawberry cheesecake please?" You tell him your order. He nods and moves quickly to pack the items you ordered as you take your wallet out to pay. As soon as you hand him the cash and are about to pick the bag of desserts when you hear an all-too-familiar voice call your name from behind. 

"Y/N?" You turn around to find Yoongi standing behind you with a black mask and his black bucket hat on so that his identity remains unrecognised but you can see those eyes in a crowd of thousands and still be able to tell it's him. For a second you're confused to see him here in the bakery but then you realise, your office building and the  HYBE building are both located in the Yongsan district. Although you know that it's not abnormal for him to visit the bakery during his break time at work. Still, you ask him, "Yoongi? What are you doing here?" He looks at the bag in your hand and chuckles, "Our schedule ended early today so I thought I should get something for us before going over to yours but I see you already have that covered." He smiles.