Chapter 8

The next day you wake up around noon with a pounding headache and a hazed memory of the events that had taken place the night before. You smile when you make out a bottle of medicine for your hangover and a glass of water through your half-squinted eyes, on your side table. You sure are very grateful to have a friend like Soojin. You sit up in your bed, rubbing your eyes after you take the medicine and gulp down the entire glass of water. You search for your phone around your bed when you see that it isn't on the nightstand and finally find it under your pillow. You open it to call your mom and ask when you can go over to pick Yeona up. However, your fingers stop working, your face turning a little pale, you sit upright when you see that you have a text from none other than your soon to be ex-husband. 

Yoongi<3 - Hey, I hope you're okay and don't have a hangover. Call me when you wake up. 

Suddenly, you feel as if a huge, loaded truck of realisation slams into you and last night's events come rushing to your brain. You remember how you called him and ranted to no end. Even though, you spoke your mind. You worded exactly how you were feeling at the moment, you still can't help but feel embarrassed. He deserves to know what his actions and behaviour are putting you through but at the same time, you don't want him to know how vulnerable and fragile your condition is. You don't want him to know that he has the power to control your emotions like that. You don't want him to know how broken he's left you. 

You groan and rub your face aggressively as you fall back into your bed, part of the reason being the annoying ache in your head and the rest of it being your annoying stupid self. After what must be your 100th groan and 50th whine, you decide to get out of bed and start your day. You know that even though you want to dig a hole and hide in it, you'll eventually have to call Yoongi and talk to him. You also realise that it needs to happen before you pick Yeona up because you don't want her to listen to you talk about you being a drunken mess and so you go to the bathroom, do your business, get ready and sit back down at the edge of your bed to call him. 

You take a deep breath and open your call logs, the first thing you do is remove the "<3" from his contact name and then you press the call button, your thumb hesitating a bit before you do so. It rings and rings for a few moments before it goes to voicemail. You sigh as you stand up to go about your day, you know other than this mess he does have a very busy schedule and it might be until the end of the day before he can call you back. You keep your phone on the nightstand to charge for a bit after which you leave the room to have something to eat. 

As you make your way downstairs you see Soojin sitting at the dining table eating from a plate full of breakfast placed in front of her. Her face looks as bright as the sun with no signs of a hangover at all. She looks up when she hears your footsteps and smiles, wishing you a good morning in a tone that is too chirpy for your liking. You scowl groggily at her, "How are you not hungover? From what I remember you drank 3 glasses more than I did." She giggles at your remark and replies "Girl, you know I can handle my alcohol well. Plus, you're the biggest lightweight I know." You scoff as if she's lying even though you know you can't handle your drinks at all and go crazy as soon as you finish glass number one. "Yeah yeah, have your meal and get ready. We have to go get Yeona from mom's." You say. She nods and instantly gets back to her food. You laugh as you shake your head at her, entering the kitchen to make yourself something to eat. 

You're about to put your bread in the toaster when you hear Soojin's "stuffed-with-food-mouth" voice call out from outside, "there's food for you too, look in the microwave!" You do so and find a plate full of eggs, toast and sausages inside. You smile at your friend's kind gesture. You heat the food and pour yourself a glass of juice before you make your way out of the kitchen to sit and eat with Soojin.