ฯ 3. Cooking Disaster

Start from the beginning

Obanai notices Y/N's staring in which he glares back, making the new girl shrink in fear. "S-Sorry." The flustered Y/N quickly darts her eyes elsewhere as Haganezuka starts his lesson.

"Hello, everyone." Haganezuka greets the class. "I am Mr. Haganezuka and this is your cooking class for the year. You must complete and pass this class if want to get enough credits to graduate. So, let us begin our first lesson."

'Lesson? Already?' Y/N tells herself. She sits taller up to see past a tall boy sitting in front of her. He dressed very formally as his hair was wavy at the ends. 'Damn it, that guy's too tall.' Sighing in defeat of not being able to see the front of the class Y/N just closes her eyes and listens along to what the teacher had to say. Beside her, Obanai sees the girl struggling to see past none other than Muzan Kibutsuji, but does nothing to help as he silently ignores her.

"Our first lesson, and my favorite, is learning how to use a knife!" Mr. Haganezuka explains, reaching over his kitchen island and taking out a sharp knife, in which he holds lovingly.

"Learning how to use a knife??" Y/N murmurs. She knew Haganezuka was obsessed with Nichirin Blades, but seeing the man obsessed with knives was quite concerning.

"Now the proper way to hold a knife is to..." Mr. Haganezuka goes on about holding the knife, then begins talking about its structure, and even origins. Was he turning this cooking class into a history class?

After the longest 40 mins of almost everyone's lives in the class, excluding Haganezuka, he then assigns everyone a task they must complete in order to leave the class. If they don't complete it, that would be a detention with Haganezuka, as they would probably be stuck hearing him rambling on about knives. Their task was to cut as many carrots into pieces as they were going to be used by the cooking club to be made into soup for those in need.

With everyone finished washing their hands, it was time to cut up some carrots. Y/N held her knife on her right feeling the cold plastic black hilt.

"T-This is kinda scary..." A female student says, several stations away from Y/N. "What if I cut something else other than the carrot??"

Haganezuka who was walking around and inspecting the students' work replies, "You can't go back can you? Better be careful then."

Y/N blinks at Haganezuka's words. What type of school is this school?? The high school she graduated from was absolutely normal! This one was clearly insane!

In the station in front of Y/N she could hear a student exclaim in awe. "That's so cool, Muzan! Oi, Mr. Haganezuka, check out how fast Muzan cut his!" The male student points at the tall boy sitting in front of Y/N.

Ignoring the noise around her, Y/N focuses only on her knife and carrot. She carefully cuts the carrot into pieces and so far so good. Beside her, Obanai aces at cutting his carrots into pieces. Just as Y/N is about to finish cutting, she felt a slight shove from her back, making her hand slip up and being cut by her knife. Her index finger and middle finger were both bleeding and had slight cuts on them, yet there was blood pouring. A lot. She whips her head around but sees no one who could have done it to her.

"Oh..." Was all the girl let out. "Who... was that?" Moments pass by as Y/N continues to scan the class, ignoring the cut on her finger. Obanai who was busy working on his cuts, notices that the sounds of Y/N's cutting stopped.

"Why are you standing there and gawking about? Get back to-" Obanai's eyes fell on the bloody mess. "What are you doing? Go to the sink!"

Obanai's stern voice snaps the bleeding girl out of her thoughts. "S-Sorry..."

"T-Teacher!" A student from Y/N's left station exclaims, witnessing the bloody mess. "This girl just cut herself!"

Everyone's eyes fell on Y/N, gasping, and whispering. Obanai stares at the bloody mess in annoyance. Haganezuka just sighs, walking over to his desk to write up a nurse's note.