Apologies

Alex made his way to the small trailer between Jensen's and Jared's. He felt bad for what had happened the night before and the resulting drama on Jared's Instagram post. Penny had specifically told him when they went for drinks his first day that she was super reserved when it came to singing and her music. And yes, it wasn't him that had convinced her to sing at karaoke night, but he hadn't helped with some of the comments he left on Jared's post.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the trailer, praying she would be inside. When no one answered, he decided to try one of the next door trailers. Figuring she wouldn't want to be anywhere near Jared or his trailer, Alex tried her uncle's trailer first. He had barely raised a fist to knock when the door swung open to reveal a very pissed off looking Jensen Ackles.

"Um... hi. Penny wouldn't happen to be in there with you, would she?" Alex swallowed.

"If she was, what makes you think she wants anything to do with you right now?"

"Look man, I messed up with some of those comments on Jared's post. Can you please just let her know I want to see her so I can apologize?"

Jensen's green eyes studied him, narrowed and glinting. Alex couldn't help but think of the multiple times he had mentioned wanting to murder him in the comment section of multiple posts on both Instagram and Twitter. The look he was receiving from Penny's uncle now solidified in his mind that Jensen wouldn't hesitate to follow through if he felt so inclined.

"I'll give her the message. I can't guarantee that she'll listen," Jensen growled finally.

"I understand. Thanks."

Biting his lip, Alex turned and made his way slowly back to his own trailer. He kept his hands thrust deep in his pockets and glared at the ground as he kicked a few pebbles in his path. Meanwhile, Jensen closed the door to his own trailer with a little more force than was strictly necessary and glanced over at the couch.

Penny lay there, curled in a ball with tear tracks still glistening on her cheeks. She was staring at the opposite wall of the trailer with a blank expression, showing no indication she had heard a word of the conversation that had just occurred. His heart clenched in his chest to see his niece in such a state. He had tried to talk Jared out of making her sing last night, but the bumbling moose of a man didn't listen.

While it had warmed his heart to hear her sing in front of more people than she ever would normally, he understood how insecure it made her feel. Especially when stuff like the resulting post Jared had made occurred afterward. 

"Penny girl?" he tried to get her attention.

The young woman barely even twitched as her uncle continued to look worriedly at her. He had already had a very hard conversation with Jared earlier about what had happened. His TV brother had understood that creating the post had been totally out of line and said that when he got a break, he would definitely come apologize to the younger Ackles.

"Penny, please look at me," Jensen pleaded, crouching down by the couch.

Puffy, red rimmed eyes flickered briefly over to him before going back to staring ahead blankly. Jensen swallowed thickly, fighting back tears of his own.

"I know how hard this is for you, but you gotta listen to me, Penelope. You are an amazing person and an even more amazing singer. You've got a great talent, and you are going to have to learn how to control this fear of yours if you ever want to make a name for yourself."

His voice was thick with emotion, and he perked up slightly as he saw a flicker of something flash across her eyes. Slowly, his niece sat up straight against  the armrest of the couch. She kept herself curled into a tight ball, but he was happy to at least see some semblance of her normal self coming back. He opened his mouth to say something else, but was interrupted by a knock on the trailer door.

Standing up, he walked over and opened the door to find both Jared and Alex standing there. They had apologetic looks on their faces and were both carrying several party size bags of potato chips, a tub of rocky road ice cream and Penny's favorite latte from Starbucks. Smirking slightly and shaking his head, Jensen moved to the side without a word to allow the two actors inside.

Penny's eyes lit up even more upon seeing the goodies that Jared and Alex had brought with them. She took the drink from Alex, leaving Jared to place the bags of potato chips on the counter for later and the other to put the ice cream in the freezer.

"We're really sorry, Penny," Alex began.

"Yeah, I should have known better than to post something like that without your permission," Jared added.

Penny didn't say a word, just sipping her drink as she stared at both of them. Jensen stood with his arms crossed in the corner, silently observing and prepared to jump in the second his niece showed signs she didn't want the two actors there anymore. The air was thick with tension as both Jared and Alex shifted awkwardly, waiting for the young woman to speak.

"It's okay."

The two simple words were like a magic spell, dispelling the awful mood inside the trailer. Penny stood up, grabbing one of the bags of potato chips while everyone else visibly relaxed. Alex and Jared were relieved they had been forgiven and Jensen was just glad to hear Penny's voice again. 

"So what's the deal with the potato chips?" Alex inquired after a moment.

Penny's eyes brightened and she grinned as her uncle and Jared both groaned.