Hiding

Ashlyn's POV

Tom and I hung out a bit today but not for long seeing as he needed to get some work done. It's late at night and I came downstairs to get something to drink. I drank my water quickly, I put my cup in the sink and started leaving the room, until I heard something.

A door opening, I couldn't tell which door it was so I panicked. I rushed over to turn off the light and grabbed a knife, hiding behind the island.

I peaked around the side and waited for something, I don't know what I was waiting for I should've gone to get Harry.

The light suddenly turned on and my eyes widened, but my vision was blurry. I was crying.

"Ashlyn is that you?" I recognize that voice, it was Tom. Thank god.

I stood up and dropped the knife on the island, "Ashlyn!" I started crying uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry!"

Tom rushed over to me and held my hands, "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head and threw my arms around him, "God please." I mumbled over and over again.

"Why were you hiding?"

"I-I thought I-" I started crying again.

Tom rocked us side to side trying to calm me down, "It's fine your alright."

"Let's get you to bed." I nodded and moved my hands from his neck, but Tom kept an arm around my back so I put mine around him as well.

We walked upstairs to my bedroom door but before we went in I stopped walking, "Everything alright?" Tom asked, I nodded and moved my arm from around him.

"Could I stay in your room tonight?"
He nodded instinctively, "Of course you don't need to ask." I smiled and we walked into Tom's room.

Tom closed the door while I walked to the side of the bed, he walked over and pulled back the covers. I climbed into the bed and sat quietly.

"You can lay down, rest." I nodded and laid back, pulling the sheets up. Tom slid into bed next to me and we both laid on our sides facing each other.

"Goodnight." I mumbled closing my eyes.

"Goodnight baby." And the darkness took over me.

Twenty minutes later...

"Ash?"

"Ashlyn?"

"Ashlyn!"

"Baby please wake up Cmon please!"

I sat up quickly soaked in tears and sweat, I looked over at Tom.

"What happened?" Tom asked putting his hand on my shoulder, "Baby?"

Tom's POV

"He killed you." Ashlyn laid back down so I leaned over her and cupped her cheek.

"Who killed me?" I asked just above a whisper, "In my dream, Charlie." She stared at me intensely before leaning in and suddenly kissing me.

I forgot how amazing her lips felt on mine, but she pulled away before I could savour her taste. She smiled for what felt like the first time in forever.

"I'm not dreaming." She whispered to herself, I clearly heard it. I kissed her forehead and I could tell it made her feel a bit better.

She grabbed my face, pulling my head into her chest. She held my head tight against her, "I'm sorry."

"Stop baby." I put my arm on her stomach, "Don't apologize."

(Edited-)
Word count: 540