Chapter 33

Isabella's POV:

We both eat in a comfortable silence. After I finished breakfast I kept the plates in the sink and made my way towards Alex. He was talking to someone so I waited for him to finish. He saw me and motioned me to come towards him. He opened the garage door and motioned me to follow him. I see that he is no longer on the phone.

He randomly picks a key and unlocks one of his cars. It was a matte black SUV. He opened the passenger door for me. I got in and mumbled a quick thank you as he made his way towards the driver's seat. He started the car and we were soon on the road. I was getting bored so I asked Alex, "Do you mind if I play the radio?" "Go ahead. You don't have to ask anything," he said, not taking his eyes off the road. "thanks," I replied and started fumbling with different radio stations. Once I find a nice one I let it play.

I was silently humming a random song noise that was playing. I didn't even realize that I was singing till Alex brought me back from my trance, "We are here Isa," he said, opening my door. I got out of the car when I heard him say, hai una bella voce Isa," (you have a good voice Isa) I blushed and said, "grazie" he walked up to me and asked, "you know Italian?" "Yeah, I took classes in high school," I replied.

He nodded and we walked towards the café. He had his hand on my back making me feel weird sensations. I ignored them and opened the door. I spotted John who was behind the counter. I squealed and ran towards him. He saw me and opened his arms to hug me. I hugged him so tightly. "Bella, you gotta loosen your grip or else you'd choke this old man to death," he said. I loosened the grip but didn't let go and said, "Don't say that old man I can't afford to lose you too." I was getting a little emotional. "Oh baby don't cry," he cooed.

"John Russo! You little piece of shit. You made my Bella cry. You look now what I do," Maria exclaimed as she came from the kitchen wearing an apron and spatula in her hand. She gave a playful glare to her husband as she made her way towards me. She hugged me and said, "You are not eating well. You look so thin." I just sighed and said, "I am fine. Don't worry about me."

"Won't you introduce that young man who came with you?" John said, pointing towards Alex. Oh yea I forgot about him. "Alex, these are John and Maria Russo. Owners of this café." "And people, this is Alexander Knight. He is um- he is my friend," I said looking towards Alex. I hope I didn't offend him.
"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Russo," Alex said. "Don't be so formal, call us Mary and John," Mary said. He nodded and looked at me as a silent sign to tell them. "I want to tell you guys something but first let's sit down," I said making my way towards one of the tables. Alex sits beside me and Mary and John sit in front of us.

"Okay so I can't come to work for a few weeks," I said. "Oh! But why? What happened?" Mary asked me worriedly. Honestly I have no idea what to say and I cant tell them the truth.

New chapter is here! What do you think Isabella will tell John and Mary? Stay tuned to know.

Enjoy!