Chapter 21

Isabella's POV:

I could tell he was angry as he slid into the drivers side. His jaw was clenched making him look ten times hotter. This was very inappropriate given the situations Isabella darling. My sub conscious mind told me.
His eyes were darker than usual and by looking at the way, he was gripping the steering wheel I was sure he would break it. I took a deep breath and said, "Mr. Knight please calm down." He glanced at me before looking back at the road and yelled, "Its Alex to you and I am not going to calm down. Didn't you see how that bastardo (bastard) was looking at you? I wanted to kill him with my bare hands." "Well you did that not an hour ago," I snapped. I do not know what came into me. I immediately shrunk back in fear as he glanced at me. He was still angry and I did not say anything else not wanting anger him more.
The rest of the drive was quiet and uncomfortable. Not after long, we reached to the safe house. Beautiful was an understatement to describe the house. It was wooden and overlooked the lake. I got out of the car and started taking the things out of the car as some middle-aged man came and took over. "Isabella he will take the bags out. You follow me," he ordered me as he opened the door.

"I'm not your dog to order around," I said under my breath but he heard it and in a second, I was pinned to the wall near the door. He placed his hands near my head to make sure that I will not escape. I closed my eyes at our close proximity. "Open your eyes Isabella," he ordered huskily.
I fluttered my eyes open. "Did you say anything bella?" I shook my head no but he wasn't satisfied. "Words bella," he pressed. "No-nothing." He raised his hand and I flinched as I closed my eyes waiting for the hit. But the blow never came. Instead his rough hand stroked my cheek gently. I sighed and leaned into his touch. I felt safe with him. After so many years I felt safe with anyone.

He opened his mouth to say something but the man from earlier came and said, "mi dispiace interromperla signore ma ho tenuto tutte le valigie in cucina e il pranzo è in frigo and only one room can be used. Other rooms are closed due to leakage problem. If you need something you can call me."(sorry to interrupt you sir but I kept all the bags in kitchen and lunch is in the fridge) Alex sighed and put his forehead on mine and said, "Dismissed." He sighed and separated himself from me. I saw that living room had the same wooden décor and a ceiling to floor window overlooking the lake. "It's beautiful," I whispered and Alex nodded.
"Make yourself comfortable and if you want to freshen up theres the bathroom. We won't be leaving until tomorrow." My eyes widened at his statement.

Uncle, aunt and Vanessa were supposed to come back today by evening. If they won't find me at the house I'd be in a deep shit. I didn't realize I was shaking until Alex held my hand. "Are you okay?" he asked me and I nodded not trusting my voice. "I just want to use the bathroom. Excuse me," I said and went into the bathroom not waiting for his reply. I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

 I took deep breaths to calm myself down

Living room

Kitchen

Bedroom

Bedroom

Question of the Day:

Who is your celebrity crush?

Please vote and comment!! Your votes and comments motivate me to write more..

Enjoy!!