FIVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 :
scare

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THEY IGNORED THE zombie to their right as Rae turned the other way to check if anything else was there down the hall

THEY IGNORED THE zombie to their right as Rae turned the other way to check if anything else was there down the hall. Flashing her flashlight to the left as she tried to spot anything, however, all that was there was an unmoving corpse dressed in a cop uniform laying on the ground next to a few scattered chairs that were blocking the rest of the hall.

      The girl nudged Leon to catch his attention and pointed to the dead cop laying on the ground and he nodded silently, bringing out a flashlight of his own. The blonde ventured over to the sprawled-out cop and Rae continued to watch over the active zombie that was still hitting the vending machine, making sure it didn't decide to attack them.

The girl was so focused that she didn't notice Leon creeping behind her until he tapped her shoulder, making her jump slightly as she turned around to face him so fast she was surprised she didn't get whiplash.

      Leon reached out and grabbed her arm to help stabilize her in case she fell, but she didn't so they just stood there with his grip on her. Suddenly he grinned. "Scare easily?" He teased in a whisper as he showed the ammo he picked up from the still-dead cop.

Rae opened her mouth to retaliate before closing it, then opened it again to retaliate, "Oh be quiet." She carefully reached out and grabbed the box and put it in her pocket.

     Leon aimed at the zombie, prepared to shoot when she gently grabbed his arm, pushing it down. He turned to her in confusion, "I'll get him, I need the practice." Rae reasoned. Leon hesitated for a moment before he carefully handed over Matilda.

     Once he did, he pointed to the parts of the weapon as he informed, "This is the safety, it has to be off to shoot because it won't let the weapon go off if it's on. This is the trigger, obviously, but just be careful because it may be difficult to pull the trigger at first."

Rae had to admit, she didn't really listen to the explanation Leon gave. She was confident enough in her abilities. With that she lifted the gun and quickly shot the zombie cop three times—twice in the head and once in the chest, making him halt his aggressive actions and fall to the ground, now staying dead.

     She smiled at her good aim and turned around, finding Leon with a shocked expression but a thumbs up in his right hand, nonetheless. He complimented, "You're pretty good for someone who's never shot before tonight."

"Who said I've never shot before?" She gave him a once over as Leon moved over to her, stopping a few feet away. She was lying when she said he wasn't her type, he was exactly her type.