THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
dan the zombie

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     LEON HAD FOUND a map on the computer, so they weren't stuck like headless chickens running around the police station as they tried to find where to go next

     LEON HAD FOUND a map on the computer, so they weren't stuck like headless chickens running around the police station as they tried to find where to go next. Instead, the two simply walked to the left, right by the entrance, and found a grey shutter that was shut. It had a sign written on it, one that read 'KEEP OUT.'

     The two looked at each other to confirm that they were ready before Rae pulled the lever down, causing the door to open slowly, but stop about a foot high—big enough for both of them to fit. "I'll go in first...see if there's anything there. If I start yelling, pull me out." Leon said with a joking tone but a serious message as he got low to the ground.

"Yes, sir." She responded with a playful tone. She watched him pull out his flashlight to crawl forward, moving to examine the area behind it. Rae awkwardly watched from behind as she waited for confirmation that the room was safe.

"It's clear..." Leon spoke as he began to crawl deeper into the room, his legs disappearing from view.

     Rae looked around the large room and sighed before lowering herself to her stomach and beginning to crawl through the dried puddle of blood with a grimace. When she crawled through, she was met with a more cluttered, and darker room. An unfortunate downgrade from the lit-up, neat, and open room they were just in.

Leon reached down to grab Rae's hands and help pull her through once she got far enough, going further to help her stand by holding her hands. A warm feeling filled her chest at the feeling of his strong, somewhat calloused hands holding hers but she tried to ignore it as she stood. Rae said, "Thank you."

He only shot her an acknowledging smile, "No problem."

The man in front of her moved the flashlight, illuminating the area. There were lots of dark stains on the wall, something she would rather think of as juice than what it truly was. The floor was wet, filled with water in front of them. There were steps leading to it and she looked at her shoes and sighed, not wanting to venture further.

"Needs a fuse," Leon noted as he scanned the immediate area they found themselves in, seeing a fuse missing from the breaker box.

"Oh, wonderful," Rae spoke sarcastically and moved closer to the boy once realizing he had the only light.

This place gave her the creeps, especially because it was covered in thick darkness. She wanted nothing to do with it, however, she had no choice and pressed forward, hoping to get the situation over. The walls they passed were a bright red even without the stains, and there was a short hallway to reach a door.