Chapter 6- Questions

Meanwhile in the Void

Chance and Mercy were... in the best term I can summarize, lost.

They were finally able to locate the new soul, but the things they were seeing were a bit-

Both of them wince when Feeling's avatar seals herself in the tree again. The new soul, now Dream, isn't taking it that well either.

Which is strange since Dream and Nightmare aren't even supposed to be that sentient until after they woke up in their new bodies.

"This isn't normal." Chance frowns, not liking how unnervingly still Nightmare was.

He's being cuddled with for nebula's sake, and he hasn't made a twitch or sound since the transition! And no matter how much Chance tried to look at Nightmare, or the scroll, he just couldn't see what it was that felt so off about this.

Mercy slightly nods her head, humming in agreement.

"Do you think it's just a weird side effect from Fate's inks?" Chance asks, glancing back at Mercy for her much needed knowledge.

"Most probably, but I wouldn't know since this is the first time this has happened." Mercy frowns, frustrated.

"This is good though, right? That means that they can change their Fate more easily now." Chance replies, hoping that this wasn't going to be a catastrophe waiting to happen.

"I guess."

Both sigh. Not knowing what was happening was just plain torture to the two.

"What are we going to do anyway? Just watch them?" Mercy asks.

"I could create a new avatar to aid them. It worked the last time I fought with Fate." Chance shrugs.

"But I can't do that." Mercy frowns, not liking how she was becoming increasingly useless to their mission to 'help'.

"Really? I thought all deities and gods could?" Chance, asks confused.

"It kind of got sealed with the rest of the powers I had as a protégé of Death. It wasn't on purpose since the whole process was relatively new at the time. Which is totally unfair since Carnage still can." Mercy mutters the last sentence with distaste.

"Then you can... notify me when something is going wrong? I mean someone has to keep an eye on them from afar." Chance offers.

"Avatar's do have their limitations on how much they can interfere with mortal lives." Mercy nods.

"Exactly!" Chance grins, giving finger guns at Mercy.

Mercy gives Chance's hands a blank look.

Chance laughs nervously as he lowers them.

He might have forgotten that not everyone interacts with mortals on a daily basis like he does. Which is kind of sad because it meant they wouldn't get his references.

Mercy clears her throat, getting back to the topic at hand.

"That would be a good idea and all. But how am I supposed to notify you when something is wrong?" Mercy lifts her eyebrow, waiting for Chance's brilliant solution.

"Uh, you can use the void to contact me via telepathy? The void can do that right?" Chance furrows his brows, trying to remember if the void can in fact do that.

"Yes but you need Void's permission to use it." Mercy sighs, not understanding why she thought he actually had a plan.

"Oh." Chance deflates, all previous excitement and hope now gone.

But he doesn't stay like that for long. He quickly shakes off his disappointment as he exclaims his next mission.

"Well no time is better like the present! Let's go ask our old man Void for his blessing! Even if I have to annoy the immortal life out of him!" Chance lets out a war cry as he jumps through a portal.

Mercy sighs, tired of Chance's childish antics. And just as she's about to follow, she suddenly remembers something.

"Wait didn't Void give me his blessing when I was younger?"

.

.

Yeah these two aren't exactly the most reliable if you couldn't tell.