Chapter 12

Julian POV

It is almost past time I need to feed, and I was getting really nervous about having this conversation with Eva. It is always better for me to feed on my own mate, but Danielle would never let me - always had an excuse. Eva has never made me feel bad for who I am , so now that I have a new mate, I am going to talk to her about this.

"So Eva, I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"You know my vampire side has to feed twice a month."

"Sure." She shrugs

.

"And it's better if I feed off my mate." I continue.

"Ok, so what do I do?" She asks.

Damn I love this girl. No hesitation. No fear. No disgust.

"That was easy." I comment.

"Whatever you need, baby, I'm here for you." She tells me.

Did I say I loved this girl?

"So I can feed from anywhere. I've heard the neck is the easiest." I explain.

"You heard?" She probes.

"Yeah, well..."

"Let me guess, the last one called your 'mate' never let you feed, so you've never actually feed from a person?"

"No" I mutter looking down.

She pulls my face up to look directly at her. "It's ok baby. Nothing wrong will happen. We can learn about this together."

"I love you Evangeline." I say earnestly.

"Well, I love you Julian. What's up with this side of you today?"

"You are probably one of the few, less than a handful of people, that love me simply because they love me. There is nothing in the world that feels like this to me. I never want to live without you again." I clarify truthfully.

"Julian, I trust you completely, and I would do just about anything to make you happy - to make you smile - to make your life complete." She says softly.

"Anything?" I joke.

She slaps my arm, "Almost anything. Didn't you say you needed to feed?"

"Yeah ok, so lay down and I will basically bite your neck. It won't take long and then why I'm finished it won't take long for the bite mark to heal." I explain.

Eva POV

The feeling of him feeding was so different than anything I've ever felt before - it was actually quite pleasurable. As Julian is feeding, I am carefully running my free hand down his back feeling the muscles running along it. I am mindful not to cause him to jerk and potentially rip the skin as I continue to do this, occasionally feel him slightly shiver - I quietly wonder if he is feeling the same things I am.

Once he is done, he looks at me with a slight amount of blood lingering on his lips, but I still reach up and pull him close to me - softly kiss his lips. He seems surprised by my actions, like he expected me to be revolted by what he had just done. Seeing the hesitation in his eyes, I kiss him again except this time harder, full of emotion, and now he returns the kiss - his full of admiration and love. Things become heated rather quickly, and let's just say we had a fun evening.

Julian POV

Was she actually turned on by my feeding? It seemed like she was. The love making was different, emotions as strong as the first time we were together. Tonight it was almost like we couldn't get enough of each other. It didn't feel as if skin contact was enough, like we wanted to crawl inside each other's skins. It was the second most amazing night of my life.