Chapter 3

Julian POV

"Jules, Eva's coming for a visit." Scarlett tells me knowing I'd be excited about it.

"Really?" My face perks up. "Is everyone coming?" I ask with a slight frown forming on my lips.

"Not exactly."

"You're being cryptic, Red."

"Her and Callum aren't together anymore."

"Well, why's that?" I ask, but I know that a little hint of a smile starts to reform on my lips.

"It isn't my story to tell. You can ask her when she gets here."

She responds as she sits down at her desk, one of her hands rubbing her large belly. Her and Raphael are on baby number three, and I can honestly tell how tired she is, but I know she's too stubborn to actually just take a break from her Alpha duties. Like with her first and second child, she won't be taking time off until the day the kid is born. Hell, she went into labor with her eldest Ruby during a meeting with another pack.

"Just try not to overwhelm her Jules, she sounded a bit upset when I talked to her."

I nod. "I understand, Red."

I get up and exit her office, and turn to grin at her over my shoulder. "Maybe you should take today off, let me handle things today."

She gives me 'The Look' all mothers seem to have, and I chuckle.

"That's hilarious Jules, got any more jokes?" She replies sarcastically.

"Plenty of them."

She shakes her head. "Go tell them somewhere else, I've got work to do."

"Stubborn Alpha." I mutter as I exit.

"Irritating Beta." She calls out as the door closes.

I can't believe that my angel is coming back and now Danielle isn't in the way, and apparently neither is Callum. Wondering what that jerk did for him and Eva to not be together, I still can't help but smile - a little. Hell it doesn't matter does it? Maybe, but I hope not. Maybe my wish has come true after all.

Eva POV

The kids and I flew into New Orleans Louis Armstrong International Airport. Luckily the flight was only about 3 1/2 hours with one stopover in Atlanta, which was the biggest problem. Once we arrived in New Orleans, I grabbed a rental car. Nerves were getting the best of me, because I hadn't seen everyone in years. I missed Julian terribly, but his mate made it clear that she didn't like me or the relationship that I had with Julian. To help him with his mate, I distanced myself from him. Julian was my best friend, and she made sure to create a wedge in that friendship. Starting to fluster, I hope she doesn't decide to cause problems between me and my other friends that live with her. Not being in the mood to deal with her crap, I sighed. It could damage the friendship with Julian more if she starts crap with me. I might have lost my chance for being mates with Julian, but that didn't mean that I couldn't have my best friend back.

We are greeted by Brazil when we pulled up.

"BJ!" I yell and ran over to him. He is now 6'0" so he twirls me higher in the air than he used to.

"Eva, how've you been?"

"Better."

"You know were all..." I cut him off nodding at the kids in the car, and he gets my message.

"Kids you can come out and meet people." I coax them out of the car.

"Brazil, this is Devaney and Zoey. Guys this is Brazil."