Chapter 9

Eva POV

Julian and I are relaxing in the living room hours after we marked each other. We are aggressively cuddling when there is banging on my front door.

"What the hell!" I scream out startled by the sudden noise. The banging continues and I feel obliged to answer to get this person out from in front of my door. As soon as I unlock the door, a very angry Callum barges into my apartment.

"What the hell Callum!" I bellow at him.

"Where is he?" He asks.

"Where's who?" I shoot back.

He looks at me seriously, his eyes changing colors. Next thing I know the eyes are a different color after he looks at my neck. He must have seen the heart shaped mark on my neck with the initials "E" and "J" in it.

"Seriously Eva? Seriously? You already moved on?" He questions sharply.

"You. can.not.be.upset.with.how.I.moved.on.from.the.pain.you.caused.me." I respond - slowly letting the words tumble out.

"Why?!!" He hollers, and this time Julian decides to step in. I am actually happy that he let me try to work this out myself, but I suppose he could feel the building fear from our mate bond.

Julian comes around the corner, and I see so many emotions in Callum's face, it's scary.

"Don't you have your own mate?" Callum seethes.

"My first mate cheated on me. Isn't it funny how the fates work, Callum?" Julian rebutes drawing out Callum's name slowly.

"Not really, Eva was never mine. Where you Eva?" Callum hisses.

"Callum Walsh! You better think before you say something you'll regret." I caution him, but I hear a little of my wolf coming out in my voice - she's trying to prove a point - one he obviously doesn't get.

"Like what? You've been in love with Julian for five years. That you were more devoted to him than me. That it was his touch you craved when we were together." Callum rants.

"Va te faire foutre, Callum." Julian hisses.

This inconsiderate asshole. My wolf growls. And I can feel my eyes changing colors. She is trying to take over.

Easy girl. We don't need to make a bigger scene. I warn her.

This asshole thinks we weren't devoted to him. She rants.

I know, and we know that isn't true. I try to soothe her.

All of a sudden, Callum stalks towards me. My defenses go up, and I place a force field around Julian and I - or so I thought. Right in front of me is a very mad Julian standing between me and Callum.

MINE Julian and Takka growl furiously.

"Because you stole her!" Callum insists.

"Because you cheated on her!" Julian contends.

Callum throws the first punch which Julian dodges because of his speed. Callum lunges for Julian, but doesn't catch him off guard. Julian once again moves, but throws a punch that catches Callum right in the ribs. Callum's wolf starts to take over, and he is about to lunge but stops unexpectedly and catches Julian with a right hook. Julian's head snaps to the left, and he goes flying across the room. Julian gets up, and his eyes have changed to a color that I have never seen. Not wanting Julian to get in trouble for killing the Alpha of the New Dawn Pack, I throw a force field around Julian - more to stop him than protect him. I'd love nothing more than for Julian to kick Callum's ass - for so many reasons.