Chapter 6

Julian POV

Laying here trying to sleep, I hated to admit that I am jealous of her dancing with the other unmated guys - but I am. The urge to kiss Eva happened so many times - I lost count. The problem for me is I don't want her to feel like I am pushing her, especially this soon after her breakup with Callum and the loss of her children. I wanted her to dictate where we took this relationship, but I felt like I might lose her again. She is set to leave in a few days and if I hadn't by then, I am not letting her leave without showing her that I am still interested in a relationship with her. I had waited five years for the chance at love with Eva, and I am not going to give up this chance so easily. Thinking back to our conversation after the party, I knew she said she had feelings for me, but she seemed hesitant - and that scares me just a little.

Eva POV

Laying here trying to sleep had been exhausting in itself. Loving Julian isn't the problem, the problem is the trail of heartache I've endured in a short five year time period. My life seemed pretty good up until five years ago. A large family with a comfortable living. I had access to education, family which included a large extended family, love of everyone but I yearn for my mate. I am afraid to seriously date anyone my entire life because of what the future potentially held when I found my mate.

Finding my mate was the start of the biggest roller coaster ride of my life! Rejection, dating, finding love I had to give up for a second chance mate, death of mate that rejected me to save my life, cheating mate, loss of child and ultimately me rejecting my second mate.

And now I have someone in front of me that I have loved for five years, and I thought he felt the same way. However, now when there are no mates in the way, I am utterly scared, terrified even, of starting a relationship and getting hurt again. Julian isn't the type to hurt someone on purpose, so why am I not trying to take advantage of the situation in front of me? Fear.

Fear will ruin you. My wolf scolds me.

Yes I know. FDR said it best - right? 'Only thing we have to fear is fear itself.' I responded.

If you left fear dictate your life and thoughts, you might not ever have a good life Eva. She lectured me.

So I'm just supposed to jump into another relationship this soon after heartbreak? I question angrily.

Don't get angry with me Evangeline Gray! I'm just stating the obvious! Julian still loves you, and you know it. Get over the past! If he wants to try again try. What do you have to loss now? She continued but then quit talking to me after this. Damn wolf.

It takes awhile for me to fall asleep after this, and it isn't a restful sleep either. I wanted to give Julian a shot if he still wants a relationship with me, but I am scared - really scared. This doesn't seem to be an easy decision.

After our confessions the night before, I kind of felt bad for what is coming this morning. Kind of. Nah not really.

"Evangeline Gray! What did you do to my shower shit?" I hear a muffled holler from Julian.

All I could do is snicker in the hallway. Little did I know that the prank would slightly backfire on me. All of a sudden his bedroom door opened, and here walked Julian with nothing on - heading straight to my room.

"What the hell Julian?!!" I shriek out, although I shouldn't be surprised. Guy never had a problem walking around without any clothes on. However my damn wolf could do nothing but purr out - like a damn cat.

What the hell? I question my wolf.

He looks good. She admits.

Damn horny wolf. I chide her.