Chapter 10

Eva POV

We finally make it back to Blackrose, and we are greeted by our group.

"Eva!!" Everyone hollers and starts coming towards us. Everyone is giving me and the girls hugs, but when it comes to the guys - Julian growls just a little.

"No need to be possessive, JD." I coo in his ear while stroking his hand.

"They're touching you." Julian protests.

"No more than they ever did Julian. They are my, well rather our friends, you know that. Now stop. Most already have found their mates so it isn't like I'm hugging a bunch of unmated males." I challenge.

"I know, but I just got you back." He pouts.

"And now I'm yours for the rest of time." I tease.

"And I won't ever let you go." He smiles and wraps an arm around my waist and kisses me on the forehead.

"Awe how cute." Ao chimes in.

"How cute do you think it will be when they start their pranks again?" Romain grumbles.

"Julian doesn't have to try hard to impress Eva anymore, Romain." Tyson chuckles. "He finally got his girl."

"Shut up Ty!" Julian warns, and the rest of our group bursts out laughing at the grumpy look on Julian's face.

"So the full moon party is in a few days, and I thought it would be fitting for us to have the Beta female ceremony on that day." Scarlett informs me from the doorway. I noticed she had been casually watching us leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, shopping!" Juniper hollers, and the group joins in for another round of laughs - mostly at my expense I believe because I'm sure the sour look is now on my face - I hate shopping.

"Can I wear camo and boots to this ceremony?" I ask Scarlett, smiling.

"Absolutely not." Scarlett replies. "Dresses are mandatory." but I see the ghost of a smile but determination in her eyes. Dress shopping it is.

A few days later, Julian is more excited today that usual, like a boy waiting for his parents to wake up on Christmas morning.

"JD, what's got you so worked up today?"

"I've got something to show you, angel."

"You know I hate surprises."

"I think you'll like this surprise. Now turn around like a good girl and let me blindfold you." he demands.

Not wanting to ruin the look of happiness on his face, I turned around and complied with his request. It didn't take long before he stopped me.

"Are you ready?"

"Is that a trick question?"

Actually I was getting excited waiting for him to untie the blindfold, and when he did, I was shocked by what was in front of me.

"Is this...is this our house?"

"It is."

"Wow, it's lovely. This looks so familiar."

"It's a French Creole style house, designed after a local plantation I really enjoyed visiting."

"Can we go inside?"

"Of course."

Grabbing my hand, he almost drags me to the house. Going up the front steps, we reach the front porch that spanned the entire front of the house. It was equipped with a small table and a few chairs to the left of the front entrance.