Chapter 5

Just my luck, I just happen to be visiting during the full moon. I love this tradition, and this time they are going to have a barbeque and pool party. This time it is more of an all day affair. After breakfast, Devaney and I help with the final set up. Zoey is still too young, so Scarlett offered for her to play with her son Drago, who is about six months younger than Zoey - a real cutie too. Julian is busy with Beta duties, so we basically left each other alone today - I'm sure to Scarlett's relief.

While some of the guys are cooking the meat, my cooking time is over. All of the rest of the food for the barbeque was completed this morning and ready for setting up when it was time. Plenty of ideas were thrown around for activities we could do like bean bag toss and a game of backyard football, but with the pregnant women around we decided on just relaxing by the pool. I might have been scared of starting another relationship, but that doesn't mean that I am going to go into hibernation. Having the genetics to wear a two-piece means I am going to wear one. Devaney and Zoey wear one too and go to play with the other kids their age. I'm not as familiar with the parents of the kids playing with Devaney. Devaney is playing with a few kids that I found out were Zale, a water mage, and Sylvia and Wyatt, werewolf siblings that were part of the Sanguine Silence Pack before Scarlett took it over. Zoey however is another story. Brazil and his mate Phoebe have a set of twins that are four, Violet and Rosemary. Romain and Ao have a five-year-old daughter named Lilah. Mariah and Juniper adopted twins, Wyatt and Emmett, who are also four. The place is now teaming with kids, and it is great to see.

It didn't go unnoticed by me that I am getting plenty of stares from the unmated males, but what surprises me, kind of, is that I don't see Julian anywhere around. I wouldn't admit to anyone else that the bathing suit was more for him than anyone else - but I guess it doesn't matter anyway if he isn't going to show up.

Well if he isn't going to show up, I am going to make my rounds talking with all the other people of the pack. Damn him.

First I make my way over to Romain and Ao, who is pregnant with fraternal twins. The first thing I get is a huge hug from Romain. Luckily Ao and I have come to terms with anything between Romain and I a long time ago, and I am very happy with this. For some reason, I have a feeling she suspected that I was in love with Julian and doesn't feel a bit threatened by my presence. However, I think I hear some sort of growl behind me, but when I look back I don't see anyone. It seems strange because that only usually happens between mates and Ao was standing next to us. Oh well. I shrug.

"How have you been?" Ao asks while giving her own hug.

"I've been better. I guess it's no secret now that Callum and I aren't together anymore." I state.

"Maybe so - since he's not here." Romain replies.

"We just had a rocky relationship, and he did a few things that I just couldn't forgive." I comment.

"Was it really that bad?" Ao asks.

"He did things that you would leave Romain for - if that gives you any idea." I respond.

"I understand." She states looking at me with understanding.

"How have you guys been?" I ask.

"Romain has been hovering lately. Lilah was born prematurely after medical complications, so being pregnant with twins isn't helping much."

"Hey I only want what's best for you and the babies." Romain interjects, and all I can do is smile at the two of them - slightly jealous that Callum and I couldn't have been this way.

Since I don't see Julian, I decide to mingle with the rest of the pack. There were a couple of guys sitting off to the side who kept trying to get my attention, so I decide why not talk to them - what the hell.