Chapter 11 ~ Too close

Start from the beginning

"You're bleeding." He points out and lifts his hand u to my neck, making me flinch. He notices my reflexes and chuckles.

"Are you scared of me?"

"Isn't that obvious?" I talk back, instantly regretting it as he steps closer. But he is right. Though I am bleeding I am barely feeling any pain. The wound does sting a little bit but when Ryan bit me it hurt way worse. It felt like he was ripping apart my whole throat and now it felt like two needles just drilled their way into my skin.

Are vampires able to control their victims' pain? While I'm deep in thoughts I notice how he comes closer to me.

"Don't! I'll-"

"What? Scream for Damien?" I frown at him. Is this what he wants? Does he want me to act as his little prey and scream for help, run away, or shiver in fear?

I hold my ground and look up to him with a stern look on my face. We keep eye contact for quite a while till he decided to break it by pointing out the stains on my shirt.

"You don't have any clothes, do you?" He breaks the silence. "If you want to I can go and buy some with you."

"What? Why would you?" I question. He has absolutely no reason to do a favor for me. From what I've seen, Damien and Carter are the only ones who have proven that they don't see any interest nor joy in hurting me. Whether the others share that opinion or not is still not clear.

Except for Jaxon now. And Ryan. He clearly wants to kill me.

"It's been a while since you got out of the house. I don't mind letting you out. Not like you can run away from me anyways." He smiles and walks to the door. I take a deep breath and sit down on the bed so I don't trip again.

"Why are you so friendly?" I ask skeptically. He turns around to me, making it seem like he has to think of the right answer to give.

"No reason. Be ready in 20 and maybe drink some water. The alcohol should be out of your system later." And with that he disappears on me, closing the door behind him.

Could this be it? Could this be my chance to escape? He did say I can't escape from him but on the other hand... He can't really do anything in front of other humans, right? Maybe I'll be safe in public. Maybe I can get the police to help me.

Eager to finally escape this place, I run to Damien's wardrobe and pull out a few things that don't necessarily make me look like a needy girlfriend who dresses into her boyfriend's clothes.

"This will do." I smile and put my hair up in a high ponytail.

"I look like... a little boy," I say while checking myself out in the mirror.

3rd P.O.V.

Sky is excited. For the first time since she's here, she will be able to get out of the house. Once she is out she might feel less like a prisoner and more like a human again.

She walks to the bathroom and turns on the water, splashing some in her face. The cool liquid helps her with her heated cheeks that are flushed from the wine's effect.

It does help though. She feels less dizzy and ready to make another attempt. This time she will approach the situation with more caution so she does not end up like last time. Half dead on the floor of their mansion.