eight: it's you that i lie with as the world caves in.

i suggest listening to the song while reading this. it made me cry but that's probably just a personal problem. it's called as the world caves in by sarah cothran (its a cover but its really good)

Some stories are written to entertain. To help someone keep their minds off the biting pain of feeling.

Some stories are written to help. To keep someone company in a time of darkness.

Some stories are written as a warning. To keep someone from the making a mistake that could ruin them.

Laced through all of these types of stories is pain. It flows through the pages, it floods the mind, and it heals. No one is afraid to feel pain, as long as they don't feel it alone. 

Harvey and Queenie had died quickly, as the news reported. The couple was found at the side of the road, empty of life, yet still holding hands. A small smile lingered on both of their lips. They were going to see their son again.

The news report continued on, a house just down the road had been attacked. Four men were found dead inside, two FBI agents, a police officer, and a marshal. Their families were told of what great service they had done for their nation. These words would never make the pain easier to bear, but at least those words were true.

The only reason anyone came to investigate this house was because they could hear someone screaming for help from a little over a hundred yards away.

The news was not allowed to report what they had found outside. Not yet.

Just outside the back door, nine bodies lay bleeding and still. 

Three of them were unidentified.

Six of them were FBI agents. 

"Emily?"

"Yeah, Spencer?"

"I hope... you remember more than this someday."

Emily lost her strength trying to keep pressure on the bullet wound in Spencer's stomach. She finally gave up, knowing it was over. He was gone. She rested her head on his wound, just in case, and let the dark steal over her. Dying felt all too familiar to her.

Emily had always been above average, better than most. But in this moment, she was just like everyone else. She didn't care that she was hurting. At least she wasn't alone. 

She was sure she had died and was seeing through her corpse's eyes. She felt nothing of what was happening, and she didn't hear a nurse that kept asking her to stop looking right up at the light. Everything felt so far away, like she was just watching what was happening to her without processing it. It didn't matter, because she was dead, anyway, and so was everyone else. 

Right?