Chapter 47 | NEW*

By the time they had arrived, it was five in the morning. Brianna was so exhausted that her mind is in a jumbled mess. Audrey killed the engine and climbed out of the car Brianna followed suit.

They both head towards the gate with heavily guarded men, Audrey acknowledges some of the guards and puts her hands on the sensor for identification. Brianna stood at her side fidgeting while looking around at the HQ.

Her phone rang and she immediately picked it up, while Audrey was busy conversing with her colleagues she excuses herself and makes way to a secluded place. When she looks at her phone, an unspecified number flashed on her screen. She bit her lip contemplating to answer the call.

"Who could it be at this time? Maybe it was Archie calling." She thought. Brianna stared at the screen and slowly slide her finger to answer the call, but she decided not to.

There was a silence in the background, she can only hear her deep breathing.

Her heart pounded in her chest loudly, she glanced at the room she was in, for some unknown reason, there was a sinking feeling in her gut that she feels like she is being watched.

Her skin prickled and the hairs on the back of her neck stood. She grips the sink and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

"It's all in your mind, they are not here. You're safe. They can not hurt you."

She chanted the mantra in her head, her hands trembled, her paranoia kicking in.

"Okay, I think I'm going nuts. It's just a phone call."

Her phone keeps flashing the number but she decided to ignore it.

A hand clamps on her shoulder and she screamed in fright.

"Relax, it's me. God, you're such a scaredy-cat." Audrey laughed clutching her stomach. Brianna glared at her and grab her phone on the sink.

"Shut up. Don't do that again." She muttered and fix her hair.

They both arrived at Archer's office, Brianna closed the door and stumbled on her feet, Archer's head snapped on her way. He got up on his chair and made his way towards her.

"I'm glad you're safe, I'm sorry that I'm not there to protect you. I should have known." He shook his head and wrapped his arms around her. Brianna grips his suit tightly and cry.

"I'm so scared Archie, I don't know what's going on, I thought after we put him on the cell this will stop but it didn't!"

He pulled her closer and rest his head on her hair.

"As if I will let him hurt you. Don't worry baby I will make sure that he will rot there." He said with conviction.

Brianna felt her body shutting down, the stress and fatigue didn't help either. She blinked her eyes to clear her vision, Archer must have noticed this and suggested she lay down. Too tired to argue, she nodded her head and laid on the couch.

Unaware of her phone ringing and flashing the same unknown number.

Archer took off his suit jacket and draped it on Brianna, she looks awfully tired. He caressed her cheeks and kissed her head.