Chapter Three

Patrick

There's really nothing quite like walking into a room and seeing your girlfriend draped across the counter while getting railed by your former employer and mentor. Or feeling her frantically trying to get my belt undone to suck my cock at the same time. Jon finished before we did, and while I was surprised that he grabbed me in front of Lydia, I had to admit that felt good. It felt right to have his tongue exploring my mouth. It felt even more right to fuck her throat though, and I wasn't able to last long after Jon left the room.

Lydia coughed as I eased her back up into a sitting position while rubbing small circles on her back. Her hair was a tangled mess that she worked her fingers through idly, a dazed and lopsided smile hinted on her lips as she glanced up at me. With flushed cheeks, swollen lips, and the faintest hint of little love bite bruises she looked pleased with herself.

"Am I allowed to eat breakfast now without being interrupted?" Lydia asked, hopping off the counter.

"It's almost noon," I pointed out. "I know he just got back but why don't you go see if he wants to grab lunch, we can go find someplace on the docks." As I spoke, I walked around the counter and pulled her to my chest.

"Really?" she asked, her eyes wide with excitement. "I'll go ask and get dressed. Thank you, Pat." She leaned up on her tiptoes, her hands clasped in mine and kissed my cheek.

I could see the bounce in her step when she bounded down the hallway and it made me smile to myself. It was good to see her opening back up. Maybe Jon had been right when he said she was unhappy, but we had time to make it up to her now.

While she was gone, I went back to my own room and got changed into a loose tank top and shorts. When Lydia returned, I couldn't hold back the wolf-whistle at seeing her in the flowy orange sundress that brushed mid-thigh. Combined with the fresh bleach job on her hair she fit perfectly into our little island paradise.

"Jon doesn't want to go back to town, but I promised to bring something back for him," she explained while grabbing her purse. "Just us, a little date night." She shrugged and my heart melted as she reached for my hand to pull me along.

I love seeing you like this, I forgot what it was like. We rode back to Nicholls Town in relative silence, Lydia leaned against my shoulder and held my hand tight in hers. It felt both familiar and foreign to be like this with her again, in some ways it was like being back in New York in the back seat of the Maybach.

We couldn't stay in the Bahamas forever, I couldn't keep drinking my weight in beer every night but I sure as hell wanted to if it meant that we could have a repeat of that kitchen performance. By the time we reached the mainland, I was almost ready to fuck her again in the boat. We had to make up for eight weeks of celibacy after all. Restraint wasn't my strong suit but I managed to keep myself civil and presentable while we walked down the pier, my hand slowly drifting down from her waist to her hip.

Nicholls town was tiny, less than seven hundred people lived here full-time, but it was quaint and had great food. We found a bar serving fresh-caught fish and grabbed a table, I made a point of ordering something non-alcoholic.

Lydia reached across the table to grasp my hand. "I don't know what you said to him, and I have no idea what's gotten into the two of you suddenly but thank you again. It's good to know that I'm not a burden for you guys."

I squeezed her hand reassuringly and lifted it up to kiss her knuckles. She blushed but didn't pull away. "Stop thanking me for getting my shit together, sweetheart. Jon and I haven't apologized to you nearly enough."

She smiled and I caught the way her eyes glistened with unshed tears. "I know, but after my doctor's visit in New York and then TMZ... I don't know what to say but it just happened so fast..."