"It's you."

Trigger Warnings:
-Sad Todoroki
-Onesided TodoDeku
-Oblivious Midoriya
-IzuOcha
-BakuDeku
-Cross-posted on AO3

The first time he saw Midoriya he didn’t think anything about him. He thought that he was just simply another obstacle in his way of becoming the number one hero, of succeeding All might, and he continued to think that, so he turned a blind eye to those bright green eyes and sun-filled smile and continued his journey.

-

He didn’t talk to Midoriya much, he, in fact, avoided him. So, the second time he saw Midoriya was at the sports festival. It was the day Midoriya changed his life, whether he wants to believe it or not, and it makes Todoroki admire him in ways he has never before. Sure Todoroki knew what heroes could do, they could hurt people, but they could also use their power for good. And if anyone is the definition of a good hero it’s Midoriya who isn’t even a hero yet. He strives to save everyone he can no matter what, so much that he even gave Todoroki hope. The fond admiration that Todoroki had for Midoriya only grew as he told him his story and Midoriya continued to believe every word he said instead of calling him a lier. It only grew as Midoriya called him out as he walked away and said that he would beat him. It got stronger as Midoriya broke all of his fingers and lost the sports festival just to prove to him that it was his quirk and not his father’s. And it only grew, even more, when he didn’t blame Todoroki for any of it in the end. With this newfound admiration, Todoroki was lost. He had become friends with Midoriya. He had been asked to walk in the halls together, sit at lunch together, spar together, study together. And Todoroki learned that he liked this feeling. Yet somehow, he wanted more.

-

One day before homeroom Midoriya asked him if he would want to go out after school with him to get ice cream, and who was Todoroki to say no. Although if you would have asked him he would have said this was a date. So, the last thing he was expecting was to see was Uraraka, Iida, Asui, and Tokoyami with Midoriya at the ice cream shop.

-

Todoroki wasn’t that good at English. It was a known fact amongst Class 1-A. Usually, he would get the help of Yaoyorozu since she ranked first in English, but sadly she had to visit her parent’s house this weekend. So Todoroki was either stuck at the dorms to study alone or stuck at the dorms with a study buddy. His next option would be Midoriya since he is ranked second in English so Todoroki asked Midoriya if he would like to study with him, he was answered with a sharp nod and he was told to meet Midoriya in his room. So he did, 15 minutes into their study session and everything was going well until there was a knock on Midoriya’s door and he answered with a “come in” like he already knew who it was. The door opened and in walked Kaminari, Sero, Kirishima, and Ashido with a “sorry we’re late”. Oh, Midoriya had invited them.

-

Friday night was movie night. It was a fact in the dorms. Usually, almost everyone was there, keyword ‘usually’. Todoroki never went. He never saw movies as a kid and he didn’t want to feel like an outcast. Who’s never seen a movie? It’s just stupid and a waste of his time and he shouldn’t go, but now everyone is standing at his doorway begging for him to come tonight. Midoriya said he could sit next to him, and he is never one to pass up such a great offer so he agrees to be there at 7 and he shuts his door. And sure enough, when he goes downstairs that night there is an open seat next to Midoriya waiting for him. He goes to the kitchen to get some water before the movie starts and when he comes back Uraraka is sitting in his spot cuddled up in Midoriya’s lap with his arms around her and they act like they don’t have a care in the world.

‘They don’t’

Someone asks them if they are dating.

‘Why do they have to be’