Chapter 11

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

I woke up in my bed back at my house. After we found out it was a compass that John B had pulled from the wreck, we went back home because it was late.

I rolled out of bed and looked at my awful state in the mirror. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Nice of you to show up every once and a while" my mother said to me not looking up from her magazine she was reading.

I rolled my eyes and opened the fridge to find breakfast.

"What time did you get back last night?" She asked me.

"I don't know, like midnight?" I shrugged pulling a bag of pineapple out of the fridge.

I put the pineapple into a bowl and then placed it back into the fridge. Grabbing a fork on my way out with the bowl of pineapple, I was stopped by my mother.

"Hell no, your not eating that in your room, come sit and talk to your momma" she patted the seat next to her.

Mentally groaning, I prodded over to her and sat in the chair.

"So what's the gossip, any boys, new friends?" she smiled.

"Erm, no and no" I ate a slice of pineapple.

"I wish you got new friends" she mumbled.

"Again, mom! I'm not going to, I don't even know why you hate them so much" I yelled.

"Baby, they're not good people, especially that JJ, he's Luke's kid and you know what he's like" she shrugged.

"Luke and JJ are two different people mom! JJ is nothing like Luke" I defended him.

"I'll believe it when I see it, why are you being so defensive over him anyway" she raised a brow.

"Because y-you insulted him" I stuttered.

"Nope, you like him" she pushed her chair back and got out of her seat.

"What!" I shook my head.

"No, no, me and JJ are best friends mom, we have been since third grade"

"Yeah, but he's cute" she smiled.

"First of all ew mom, he's 16, and second of all, you were just talking shit about him five minutes ago" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah" she groaned.

"I've never met him, in fact I've never met any of your friends, tell me about them" she leant across the counter to me.

"Erm ok, well Kiara is a Kook, her family owns The Wreck. She's super sweet and is all about saving the environment. There's Pope who is probably the smartest guy I've ever met. His dad owns Heyward's Seafood. There's also John B who if this really funny guy but, he's kind of going through a rough time, his dad had been missing for 9 months" I sighed feeling sorry for him.

"And what about JJ, what's he like?" My mom asked.

"Erm. A total flirt, Kie seems to think he has a thing for me, but I think he's just like that with everyone" I shrugged.

"I want to meet this, JJ. Invite him to dinner for tomorrow" she smiled and turned around to the sink.

"What" my stomach dropped.

"No no no no no, mom that's so embarrassing" I ran over to her.

"I'm embarrassing?" she put a hand on her heart pretending to be offended.