Chapter 9

Edited✔️

※※※※※※

John B had gone out to go and take scuba gear from the Cameron's boat. We waited for him back at the chateau. I went and sat on the dock away from everyone for some alone time.

I heard some footsteps from behind me and I saw JJ approaching me.

"Hey" he said siting down next to me.

"Hi" I hummed.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Mhm" I nodded.

"You don't sound ok" he said.

"Yeah but you only see me as hot so I guess that doesn't matter" I went to stand up but he pulled me back down.

"Woah, woah, woah. Are you annoyed at me" he asked.

"A little yeah" I said.

"I'm fed up of being treated like I'm just some girl that you only want to fuck. One minute you want to kiss me, but then the next it's like we're friends. Look JJ I have feelings too okay. And I know you are just a player who-"

"Wait you think I'm a player?"

"Erm... yes" I stated the obvious.

"Look this harmless flirting thing, I know it means absolutely nothing to you, but last night, you're giving me mixed signals when you said you wanted to kiss me" I looked up at him.

"And it bothers me how you just see me as this hot chick with no feelings"

"I don't only see you like that Taylor" I looked at him.

"I see you as this strong, beautiful, amazing girl that is my best friend"

I giggled.

"Look I'm sorry I've been a dick, ok, this whole thing with John B and the treasure, it's a whole new chapter that I can't get my head around. Are we cool?" he looked at me.

I nodded.

He stood up and held his hand out so he could pull me up. I took it and stood up. He threw his arm over my shoulder and we walked back to Pope and Kie.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We were out on the HMS Pogue. John B had stole the scuba gear from the Cameron's and we were now next to the wreck.

Kie was checking all the tanks to see which ones had air.

"This is empty. You look empty tanks?" She picked up the last one she hadn't looked at.

"okay, this ones a quarter full, it's enough for one of us" she sighed.

"Love it when a plan comes together" Pope sarcastically said.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kie asked. We all just sat there and looked around at each other

"It's kind of a Kook sport" JJ said making John B look at me.

"Just because I'm a Kook doesn't mean I know how to dive" I threw my arms up in defence.

"I... read about it" Pope spoke up.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die" said Kie.

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ said.

"Well, if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends" Pope said.

"Bends like, bend over" JJ started to arch his back.