Not Safe

A much younger y/n sat on the edge of her brothers bed "why do you have to go?" she asked sadly. Liam turned to her and gave no real answer, he was 17 after all, it wasn't legal for him to leave yet but nobody besides herself would ever really care. "I was gonna have to eventually
y/nn. Dad has Kim and she has the money to take care of you guys."

"don't go." she pleaded one last time unsure of how to reply to his statement, She still needed him. He smiled and threw his large black hoodie over her, she pulled it off her head and heald it in her lap "I love you." he said sitting next to her. she just hugged him "It's not like I'll never see you again." he said in a soft tone, pulling away from her to grab his bag and walk out the door.
______
Maybe he was right, but it's been four years so that's a start. Why, when you could be upset about mom, or a recent petty argument He pops into your head instead.

You groan as you slowly wake, you look down to see blood on the grass, your jeans have an even larger tear in them and the bandage is torn as well. you are bleeding from the cut you had received the day before that is now opened a new and more irritated than ever.
'i could probably thank the trees for that. At least they slowed the fall.'

You look around expecting the other campers but they are nowhere in sight. You quickly rise to your feet covering your still bleeding thigh with your hand
'where are they? they could be hurt, or worse, oh my god there is a giant dinosaur out here!'
You whine running your free hand over your face.You are in pain but these terrible thoughts are the main reason you are so offset. You put your hair back in your usual bun and begin to search for the others.

It is not a long search. You walk maybe 30 feet and push through large bushes to see Brooklynn and Sammy. Sammy rises to her feet and walks over to you "y/n are you alright?" she asks "where are the others?" you ask as Brooklynn calls out for them "Darius! Ben!"

"are you okay?" you ask directing your attention back to Sammy beginning to examine her for any injury "im fine. What happened to you?" she asks touching near your open cut "you're bleedin' an awful lot" you wince at the touch and pull your jeans up from the tear in them to cover your cut "the fall just opened up an old one." you explain, your head turns seeing Ben fall off a branch of a tree with Kenji climbing down from it.

"Ow, ow" Ben whines to himself. you rush to his side "Ben are you okay?" you ask in a concerned tone "no. Yeah, no im fine!" he says sitting up unzipping his fanny pack to retrieve his hand sanitizer. He does seem to be alright from what you can tell. "Everything is gonna be okay. We just have to find Darius and Yasmina." you say placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder then pull him to his feet.

At least they are all okay. You tense up hearing rustling in the bushes but you all find yourselves relieved to see it's just Brooklynn followed by Yasmina who is holding onto Darius to help him along. "oh my gosh are you guys alright!?" Sammy asks rushing up to them, Yasmina grips Sammy's hand with a sad frown as she sets Darius on the grass. Sammy scans Yasmina for Injury and Brooklynn has been hovering over Darius since the moment he has been in her sights. You hear Kenji gasp as he moves beside Brooklynn to stand over Darius.

You remove your hand from Bens shoulder and walk closer to be able to see past Kenji and Brooklynn. You gasp when you see Darius, along his jaw and up his cheek is a very dark bruise that is causing the whole left side of his face to swell"Darius" you whisper joining the other two in looking for any other injury.

You roll up Darius's jeans seeing his ankle begin to swell but it isn't half as bad as his face. "what do we do?" Brooklynn asks wryly looking over at you, you furrow your brows unsure of what to say, you know she needs the reassurance but you can't give it to her.