Goodnight Campers

When you get back to camp Dave and Roxie direct you all to the dining hall where they have all of you sit at the same table to eat. You get your tray with what you want on it and sit joining the others, its pretty awkward. While everyone begins somehow managing conversation Brooklynn looks up at you "so y/n, how'd you get here?" she asks

you glance up at her from your tray and push up your glasses "uh..well im not too sure." she gives you a confused look and awkward giggle, Sammy who is sitting next to you turns to give you the same look. You tilt your head giving a single nervous laugh"well I got the tickets from my mom." you explain "I heard they're pretty hard to get" Brooklynn says and Sammy nods "We're the lucky ones aren't we!" she says referring to all of us really
'some of us.'

once everyone finishes eating and putting everything away Dave and Roxie send you all to bed "go get yourselves some rest! we got big plans for tomorrow!" Dave says happily, you all passively agree to sleep but you are pretty tired anyways
"goodnight campers" Roxie waves you all off.

You all go up to your bunks, others go to shower but at this point you are far too tired, you climb to the top of your bunk and almost instantly fall asleep. You wake up unsure of the time, it feels like a midnight fever dream on account of the day you had. You sit up and look around seeing the other girls are still asleep before pulling your phone out of your suitcase and take this time to tell your dad you made it to camp. After putting your phone back you climb off your bunk, you're exhausted but you can't sleep, a dilemma you face most often times but it really sucks at camp. You decide to go snack, maybe it'll help you sleep.

Once you get to the main lobby you walk up to the snack bar and open the cabinet that stands next to it, it only has plastic bags and paper cups so you grab a bag and begin to stuff it full of pink frosted animal crackers and close it up stuffing it in your hoodie pocket. You grab a paper cup and fill it with flower shaped cookies then walk over to a small table and shove one after the other in, you can't help iit this frosting is magical.

After eating three cookies you hear soft footsteps from across the room and quickly wipe the crumbs off your face before you turn to see Darius, you look between him and different corners with your eyes shifting nervously, he is just as surprised to see you and freezes as soon as he sees you, you both stand emitting nervous energy and it's extremely awkward, you are both up after curfew..
and you were also stuffing your face. .so... Darius is about to say something before the light suddenly comes on.

You and Darius both turn to see Kenji leaning in the elevator doorway having just turned the light on "Glasses, Dino-nerd.." while he acknowledges your presence he keeps his eyes on Darius and begins to walk up to him "whatcha doin?" he asks "uh! nothing! i was just..uh.. heading out cause- thirsty" Darius answers pointing to himself clearly lying which raises a bit of curiosity in you as well. Kenji points to a water cooler and Darius tries once again to cover up for whatever he is up afterhours for "oh! yeah, i meant um.. Hungry" Darius answers trying to sound more convincing this time.

Kenji points to you "sweet-tooth over there didn't stand out to you any?" he asks which makes you blush embarrassed and fills Darius with nervous laughter "oh- uh.." Darius fails to come up with some other excuse so Kenji then steps beside him him putting an arm around his shoulder "look, Bro" he begins while walking Darius out of your hearing range.

You set the cookie cup down and re-tie your hair nicely then walk up to them just ontime to hear Darius say "i think you best get your arm off me..friend." "why don't you make me, Friend" Kenji says with a grin which sets you off. You are just about to speak making them turn to you at the sound of your sharp breath of irritation before a flash which is from Brooklynn's phone blinds them
'she knows there's a way to turn that off right?'