Part 39

3 days. It was Thursday now. It took him 3 days to pick up his phone and open Hoseok's contact.

Even then, he didn't do anything.

"Dude. Just press the fucking button." Hyungsik sighed, "If you talk to him, and sort this out, it'll be fine."

"But...he'll be mad at me."

"Yeah, and you're mad at him. Just call him and ask him to come over."

"I'm not mad. I'm frustrated." Taehyung denied, "He shouldn't just assume that I love Yoongi more then him. I don't. He can't tell me how I feel, and say he knows what's going through my head. It's not fair."

"Life's not fair. Deal with it. Now man the fuck up and call him."

Currently, he and Hyungsik were in the kitchen, watching as Bogum ran around, preparing food for the small party he was hosting later that night.

"Ugh, I hate you."

"Cool, now call him."

Taehyung muttered profanities under his breath as he hopped off of the counter and sluggishly stepped out of the kitchen.

"I can do this..." he muttered.

He nervously tugged on the end of his shirt as he quickly clicked the call button, holding his breath as it began ringing.

And kept ringing.

And ringing.

And then the line went dead.

He bit his bottom lip, eyebrows furrowed.

He hesitated to call again, but ultimately decided it was better that he did.

"You've reached Hobi! Leave a message!"

He sucked in a sharp breath, then cleared his throat, "H-Hey Hobi. Um. I-I was wondering if- fuck. Never mind. Just um...just give me a call when you can. Please?" He scratched the back of his head, not having ended the call yet, "L-love you."

He shouldn't have added that. Probably not. Damn it.

When he turned to go back into the kitchen, Bogum was standing in the entrance with a worried, but reassuring smile, "You okay?"

"Fine. Just...a little nervous. We both fucked up. But I don't think he wants to see me for a while."

"At least you can admit you fucked up, that's a start."

And it was. He usually held his tongue when it came to apologies. He wasn't very good at them, and his ego was usually a bit too high to admit he was in the wrong. Not since last year, but lately Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok had been praising him and he was a bit more confident now.

"I guess." Taehyung, not wanting to talk about it anymore, quickly changed the subject, "Need any help Hyungie?"

"From you? No. You suck in the kitchen. I don't want my house burned down."

"Rude. I'm an amazing chef."

"Even the thought of you cooking makes me want to throw up." Bogum shivered, nose scrunched up in disgust.

Taehyung rolled his eyes fondly and followed the elder back into the kitchen.

"You good?" Hyungsik asked, hand stuck in a box of cheez-its.

"He didn't answer."

"Damn, sucks to suck. He'll call back in a bit."

"Asshat. And you don't know that. He's probably ignoring me."

"You don't know that. He could be busy. Because you know, he has a job. And a life."

Taehyung scoffed, giving the elder a light shove before stealing a cracker right of if his hand, "Stop implying I'm lazy. I have a job as well you know. And a life."

"Doesn't seem like it," Hyungsik said around a mouthful of cheez-its, "Not with how your boss barely makes you work 3 times a week."

"Hey! I was emotionally unstable for a very long time, and now I'm just....busy."

"You're not working today, he's giving everyone off tomorrow, and next week I bet you 400 bucks he'll tell you to take a day off."

From where he was hunched over the stove, Bogum sighed and scrunched his nose, "I just want him to be healthy. He can't be if he's dealing with rude assholes all the time, people who just insult him because he does what I ask."

It was true. As Bogum's secretary, he often dealt with the people that Bogum turned down. They would march their way up and demand to see the elder, though they didn't have an appointment. They would curse him out and call him useless when he wouldn't let them in.

He's even been injured before, though the handprint on his face hadn't lasted nearly as long as the broken ribs and fractured  femur Bogum gave the guy.

It's not that he hated his job, not at all. Bogum was more then fair and paid all of his workers what they deserved and more. Taehyung often dealt with paperwork and emails, boring stuff he hated. But he got to see his best friend and got special treatment (to be fair, it wasn't just Bogum. Most everyone had a soft spot for him) and more often then not he spent a part of the day laughing with Jisoo about how stupid people were.

All in all, it was more then he thought he deserved, especially with how little effort he'd been putting in recently. He'd have to change that.

"Taehyung, your phone you dumbass."

He perked up instantly, searching for the phone he didn't remember where he put. He mentally smacked himself when he felt the vibrations in his back pocket.

"Is it Hoseok?"

Taehyung frowned, but then read the name again and raised an eyebrow, "No."

He slid off the counter and put the phone to his ear with a smile, "I don't remember giving you my number."

Jungkook's shy chuckle was nothing short of adorable and it had Taehyung cooing, "I took a gamble. I didn't wanna ask any of your...whatever they are for it. I didn't know if you had changed it, and clearly you haven't."

"You still had my number?"

"Of course. I mean-yeah, totally. Whatever."

"You've never been good at the whole 'subtle' thing."

"Ugh, way to crush a guys ego."

He laughed lightly, resting on the wall outside the kitchen, "So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?"

"I um...I got sent home today from work, Hyung said something about not being able to see me right now. I may have said a thing and he didn't like it. So...I was wondering if you wanted to grab some lunch? Or dinner? Both?"

"I would love that Jungkookie, but I do have a dinner party to partake in."

"Oh..."

Taehyung melted at the blatant dejected tone in the elder's voice, finding it somehow cute, "But I'm sure Bogum wouldn't mind you stealing me away after a bit. I'm down for dinner, if that's alright with you."

"Yes! That's wonderful! Okay, um..see you at like...5:30?"

"Come at 5, stay for a bit, then you and I can head out."

"Sounda lovely, Taehyung-ah. See you soon."

"Bye Jungkookie."

Taehyung felt both excited and sad. He gets to see Jungkook, which was wonderful, but he had a feeling it would be a while for Hoseok to call him back.

But it was okay. He could wait.

-

1192 words hoes

My longest one in a while, sadly

Stay safe and healthy <3

Anyways, bye bye <33!!