"Glad to see you walking," I spoke.

He turned his harsh grey eyes to me and glanced at me from head to toe, a frown on his face. "Thanks."

I wasn't lying. I was glad he was okay. They had been ambushed because the wolves had their scents hidden. He had been in hospital since the attack. From what I was told three males jumped him and took him down. Doctor Kate had said he was poisoned. He was beaten pretty badly too; they had broken and bruised a lot of him. He fought well; it was just unfortunate they were wittier. To take down my Gamma was impressive.

"When did you get out?" I asked.

"Just now." He sighed, resting a wrapped and broken wrist on his lap. "What they got me with has cost me my wolf healing."

I almost smirked at his grimace. I found slight pleasure in the fact he was healing slowly. The amount he touched and slept beside my mate repeated in my mind. It was a good payback to me, but I am also glad he is alive. He would be back to normal by tonight.

"Well, you don't exactly look fabulous." Charlie quirked. "Have you changed out of those clothes at all? Eaten anything?"

I sighed and turned to go and sit at my desk chair. "I'm not the important one here. They have been gone for 24 hours now, and we have no lead. I spoke to Pollux yesterday and we exchanged some information."

Charlie dropped his foot to the floor with a thud and leaned forward in anticipation. "You spoke to him? Made arrangements?"

I nodded with a frown. "He isn't looking for a mate. Apparently, the Lycan leader sent him out on a scout to trace the leads left by the bastards."

Charlie blinked slowly and I glanced to see Sean still laid but with his head now against the armrest.

"So even they're aware of the hunting?" Charlie asked.

I nodded. "They are. He has been tracking them for about six months. He believes they have a witch by the name of Raven on their side."

"A witch?" Sean turned his attention away from the ceiling.

I nodded and sighed, leaning back in my chair. "Yes. A witch. Coffee?"

They both mumbled a yes and I stood to make my way over to my coffee machine. I popped a coffee pod into the machine and waited for it to brew, leaning against the cupboard.

"Why do they have a witch?" Charlie asked.

I glanced at him before focusing back on the clock ahead of me. "Pollux believes she is being bribed. It would explain how they remain undetected and how they have a mixed potion to hand. What did Kate say it was? Wolfsbane and?"

"Deadly nightshade," Sean grumbled.

I chewed on my tongue to hide my amusement. He was truly acting like a child, but the steroids and blood transfusion Kate gave him are helping him to heal better. Plus, he was on a high dose of wolf painkillers so he should be fine.

"Right." I shook my head. "To combine them, they would've killed themselves. Only a witch can. He has strong reason to believe it's Raven."

"Who's she?" Charlie asked, coming to make himself a coffee from the filter jug.

I frowned at him but took Sean's coffee to his side. He thanked me and pulled himself to sit up. I hovered for a moment when his face went pale as he straightened up. I went to support him, but he batted my hand away with a grunt.

I grumbled and made my own coffee instead. "She's a witch."

Charlie scoffed. "Alright sarcastic ass."