𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

A/N: Hey, guys! We're sorry for the delay; we've been busy and unmotivated recently. This chapter, however, makes up for it by being longer overall than the others. We hope you all enjoy it and thank you for your patience! Also, play the song at the top for a better experience :) 

❥❥❥

Maylene's POV:

I stagger down the stairs, embarrassed by what happened last night, and I'm not in the mood to talk about it. When I meet Amira's eyes, she smiles briefly before returning her attention to her phone.

I reciprocate her smile and take a seat on our couch next to her. She doesn't say anything, presumably because her attention is fixated on her phone.

I clear my throat in hopes of diverting her attention. No response. Who is she texting? As I make my way behind her to peek at her phone, I notice her smiling with a slight glint in her eyes.

Peeking at her phone, I read the same "Kaiser". Of course, I roll my eyes.

"Amira!" I exclaim. There's no way in hell she can be texting Kaiser, he's just as insane as Enzo.

"Oh hi." She appears to be unbothered, with a somewhat puzzled expression on her face. I take the chance to seize her phone away from her because we're both frozen in our places.

"You can't text him, Amira, he's... with Enzo," I explain, my eyes narrowing as I spew out Enzo's name. Recalling the events of last night has already made me queasy.

"Huh? I know they're friends, he literally told us like—" She begins rambling once she rises from her seat.

"No. No. Enzo he's Lorenzo Delvin." With my short reply, her eyes widened at the realization. I lean back and press my lips together.

"Yeah. Which means Kaiser..." I'm hoping she'll see what I'm getting at.

"Was deceiving me." She completes the task for me with a pained frown on her face. Amira hastily moves her head away, avoiding eye contact. I don't hesitate about reaching out and taking her hand in mine.

As I draw her into a hug, I send her a faint smile. I truly feel bad for her.

"I— um wasn't expecting that," she lets out as we pull away. Her gaze soon meets mine as I hold her face with one hand offering her an apologetic face.

"I know..." Amira's phone rings before I can complete my statement, prompting me to jump in response.

As I reach for the phone, my face suddenly drops as I recognize the caller: Kaiser.

With a stern glare set on my face, I warn, "It's him." Amira pauses before grasping for the phone and gently removing it from my hands. I keep a watchful eye on a heartbroken Amira.

She answers the phone but doesn't say anything; instead, she stares at me patiently, her eyes nearly tearful. I swallow nervously, unsure of how this situation will turn out. Amira has been hurt before, and she absolutely hates liars, but I don't blame her.

"Amira, How are you doing?" I roll my eyes because he acts as if nothing is wrong.

"I wanted to check on you since you left the party ear—" He begins.

"Oh my god, you think I'm so stupid that I couldn't figure it out?" Okay, let's get right to the point. I'm so proud of her. Kaiser hesitates for a moment before speaking up, which I notice.