𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

❥❥❥

A/N: Hey guys! Before you continue reading, we'd like to inform you that we aim to post every 3-4 days as we do write 2000 words per chapter! We appreciate your patience since this chapter took longer than expected. Therefore, we have incorporated more than 2000 words! Hope you enjoy it...

❥❥❥

Maylene's POV:

"Amira... can you pick me up?" I'm embarrassed since my voice was a little shaky. Despite the fact that my feelings for Enzo are pure hatred, I was able to kiss him. And, as much as I dread admitting it, he was able to make me feel good.

I've never felt that way with anyone. He drove me insane with his hands around my neck, rough kisses, and deep husky voice. If Amira hadn't called, I don't think we would have been able to stop.

Now I am daydreaming about him, great! Thankfully, Amira intervened and diverted my attention away from my dirty thoughts.

"Yeah, where are you? Are you okay May?" Her voice has a worried tone to it. I don't want her to see me like this, and I especially don't want her to know what happened with Enzo and me.

"I'm fine, I'm sort of at Enzo's place..." I rushed the last part. Oh, God, I hope she doesn't misinterpret and get the wrong idea.

"Enzo? What?"

"Yeah, it's a long story. Please come get me; I'm in desperate need of a hug." I seriously need my Amira. She's always been there for me; I'm not used to feeling vulnerable, but Enzo makes me feel otherwise. I can't think straight with him seeing as he's so confusing.

"Of course, don't worry, I'll call Kaiser."

I'm relieved, but I'm a wreck; I'm almost naked and alone at Enzo's mansion after we almost fucked... this is a disaster. I don't have a choice but to return to "my" room. How am I going to face Enzo after this?

I walk into the room, slowly opening the door in the hopes of making as little noise as possible. As I enter the room, I notice Enzo lying down on my bed. He's shirtless and drinking champagne with an angry grimace on his face.

Dammit, I find myself blushing a little as he catches my gaze. His body was toned with a 6-pack.

"May..." he starts.

"Yeah." This is by far the most awkward circumstance I've ever encountered.

"Ahem," he clears his throat. "I should get going..." he finally speaks.

"Yeah, same." I avert my gaze.

"You're not going anywhere."

"Um, that can't happen again..." My gaze is drawn to the floor.

"May, don't disregard what I've said. You're not going anywhere." I'm not staying; I want to scream.

I respond, "Amira is picking me up, and I'm leaving."

"Fuck, May, do you ever listen?" He's irritated once more. This is just fantastic. He thinks he can dominate me without even knowing me. I roll my eyes. What exactly is this guy's problem?

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Or what?" I retort, rolling my eyes once more. Enzo approaches me causing me to immediately regret my behavior.