Another Chance?(6)^chris

Camila
"He is Mona's father? Yeah right. How is that even possible I just met him last night."

Everyone quietly and awkwardly looked around avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Hello is anyone gonna tell us something?" Chris clenched his jaw looking at everyone.

"There is no us I don't even know you."

He sighed coming up. "Can we talk privately?"

"No for what?"

"There are something's you should know. Your dad thinks it's to much for you but your stronger than ever I can tell. You are a completely different person since our last time together."

Shaking my head I push pass him getting all of my and Mona stuff. This is to much. There is no way he is Mona's father. How would they know him but not my father?

"Mommy no I want daddy!"

"Mona don't call him that and you know not to talk to strangers." I tried pulling her but she snatched away from me running back to Chris.

"I want you daddy." She looks up at him her arms out. Picking her up he kissed her cheek as she cries softly.

"Mona Violeta Cisneros get over here now."

"Hey calm down she didn't do anything just let me explain....ok?" Isabel walked over taking my thing putting them down. "Rebecca come on." she took me out front.

Pacing back and forth I tried hard to rack my brain of this Chris guy. We just met and now it comes out he's the father of my child!

"Can you stop so we can talk?"

"Fine talk because clearly everyone knows something I don't."

They sighed sitting on the stairs.

"You and Chris dated a while back. Met at a high school game. It was basically love at first sight." becca started off. "We went to a party at his friends place where I met Carlton."

"You guys ended up having dinner together when his mom got a job working for your mom. You got into it with dad spent the night at his place and things just shot off from there. I've never seen you so happy like when you were with him." Isabel added. "Then your uh accident happened and you lost some of your memory which included everything around you and Chris."

"Why am I just knowing about this? You say I was happy but kept me away from the person who was responsible for that."

"Well he thought you were dead because we couldn't find you for months. When we did dad made us all agree not to bring up New York so we don't stress you out since you were pregnant at the time."

"And you listen to him! This is my life were talking about. My daughter went three years without her father. I asked every single one of you who her father is....if you knew and it always was no." tears threaten to fall but I didn't let them. I just kept thinking if they lied about this what else do I not know. "I'm going for a walk watch Mona."
*******
Shivering I sat on the cold bench. It was pretty dark out and freezing cold. I wrap my arms around myself trying to get some kind of warmth.

I can not believe this. My father is such a selfish ignorant ass! How can you claim to love someone but continue to fuck up their life. My daughter didn't know her father for three years. I always felt like something was missing but could never put my finger on what it could be. I feel so betrayed. My family basically lied to me and for what to save me some stress? Did they not think it would be even more stressful finding out the truth later on?

A harsh breeze slapped me in the face making me shiver harder. I mentally cursed myself out for wearing a damn crop top in February. Being cold isn't as painful as this bullshit tho. I need answers and there is only one person I know will give it to me.